View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronraad View Post
Quite frankly my set-up is embarrassing at the moment and far from ideal. Looks more like I've applied the 20-80 rule instead of the 80-20 rule.

It comes down to what sort of space you have to work with really.

My BSS press is mounted on a plywood box on the work bench at 20 deg to the horizontal about 1.3m high.

The Lee is mounted on an aluminium adaptor plate straight to the bench as well, at same hieght at the BSS.

The Mega-Mite sits on a free-standing steel pedistal I made out of some scrap plate and a PFC, at about the 1.3m mark again. It could be a bit higher given the length of its handle.

I'd really like to mount the A&D FX-120i scales on a seperate concrete piller, but they will have to live the bench as well for the moment.
I can't see any beginning bullet maker ending up at the perfect setup in a short space of time, but what I was hoping for was some pictures and reasons why bullet makers have arrived at their present setup and also what they found unsuitable and why.

With this input from every bullet maker perhaps the newbie might avoid some mistakes or find an easier way to setup some things.

One setup or way of doing things will not work for everyone........but perhaps everyone will get something useful from the input........especially those that don't have access to a mentor.

aaronraad what is your name I know a few BR shooters in Brisbane and have competed on the Harry Madden range several times over the last 12 years or so............Kiwi