View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 09:13 PM

Wyo, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I sure try to follow that.

The past few years have not been agreeable to a lot of folks that reload and shoot. I had to try some powders totally new to me. It was either that or not shoot at all. I have several pounds that just plain did not work.
I have since kept more on hand than in than years past, same goes with primers. I always kept 5k of various rifle and pistol on hand unopened. When I had to crack open a sleeve I started shopping around, or that is what I used to do. Now I buy what I use the most when I catch them on sale, even if I have plenty.

I am a big fan of VV powders, but I took them clear out of my inventory as what I was using was just to hard to come by. AA and Ramshot were almost in the same boat. I have stocked up on what I like since.
An older shooting friend had to quit because of health. He gave me all of his powder and primers, very lucky there. Brand new unopened keg of SR4759 and a partial along with a bunch of 1lb of various powders. Also a pile of primers. Always make sure his nephew has plenty of what he needs now.

I know what ya mean about work. Retirement is a ways off but that thing called a job sure can get in the way of a mans hobbies!!