View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branxhunter View Post
Fantastic work JRA.

I love the work you have done on the Mini Mauser, Hoa mini and the Brno.

All a bit high end for our Camel though......

Marcus
Thanks Marcus
The reason I'm building aftermarket parts for the mini Howa is to hopefully keep the spindle turning on my "new" CNC. I'm not looking at catering only to those that only want $15,000 customs commissioned. I go a little overboard nit picking at details when building a custom. When finished, I hope they all get used. I've used my personal plywood stocked MiniX extensively. It's still in the white because I keep telling myself I'm going to put it into a great piece of English Walnut and have it engraved. Problem is it's the smoothest cycling quickest handling rifle I own. Holds it's own in the "smooth as glass" department with my personal custom Mausers. Hard to believe starting with such a gritty, notchy new action. I can't stop using it!

When I got the Mini Howa, I was impressed with how smooth the bolt was and how well the action was machined. Much better than the MiniX. MUCH better than any Winchester I've worked on. Hopefully the Howa will be available for a long time. I'm hoping to build the floormetal, mag box spring and follower, 3pos safety, custom bolt handle and Wood and/or Synthetic stock for those that want to assemble their own favorite rifle they just can't leave at home.
James