Thread: Big NJ Bears
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 11:42 PM
Supporting Member

I have run into Sow's with Cubs a few times. Once while camping and had my family with 4 small kids with me. The Sow woofed her 3 Cubs up a tree then started to come into my camp sniffing breakfast on the picnic table. All I had was my 9MM Firestar. I tried to wave her off but she kept coming and the kids were asleep in the tent. As she got to the other side of the table I aimed right between her eyes. Just then a Park Ranger pulled up and she took off like she was shot with her Cubs in tow. Ranger came over and had a shotgun with rubber slugs. Told me he has been poping her with the slugs all week in that area.

Black Bears only attack for one reason. Too eat you. The Cubs always run up the nearest Tree way out of harms way.

The report I heard on the radio this morning was 150 Bears taken on the first day. Fish and Wildlife are hoping for 1000 to be taken between this week long season and the 6 day firearm season in December. We are off to a good start. Price for a Bear Tag is two dollars even for non residents.

Where else can you take a world class Bear for 2 Bucks