View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 08:08 PM

Well its time for a little updates.....

I eventually got in touch with Paul garin and bought a reamer and a set of dies for 20 garin. After about 80 thousands of clambering the reamer exploded and wasn't able to source another from Paul. So I abandoned the 20 garin clambering. I found an old 20/22 spitfire reamer and after cleaning up the mess in the chamber it was ran in with no issues. The gun was polished and blued but apparently the barrel is some low grade stainless....ugh this gun is a non stop battle. Anyway it took on kinda rust brown color so I said fine. I had no source for a reloading die without some fired brass so I took 3 pcs of 19 badger and literally forced them into the chamber with a rubber mallet and pulled them out, loaded and fire formed them. Those are off to get a die made.

After all this hassle I'll probably take this rifle to the garden for a tomato stake..haha. ive learned to love to hate it.

It's officially called 20 junkyard. I kept the old 5mm magnum grip cap as a reminder where it started.

All.i have left is the spring steel 2 shot follower and cover plate for the bottom metal.

It shot without exploding tho...so there's that.

Last edited by joejo; 06-20-2021 at 08:10 PM.