View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 03:15 PM

If anyone thinks the progressive movement's concern is over saving innocent human lives let me offer this to consider:

In my plan given the stolen guns that are the primary tool used by people who commit murder with a firearm (if we consider those with the serial number obliterated beyond recovery as stolen as well).

1) Every Law Enforcement Agency MUST report the make, model and serial number of every firearm in their jurisdiction reported stolen within 24 hours or loose any and all federal money. No exceptions and violations result in a year suspension form receiving any federal money whatsoever.
2) This will be in a searchable online database available to the public
3) If convicted of stealing a firearm ten years sentence enhancement PER FIREARM is added to any other sentence. NO early release, and this is a federal offense served in federal prison. The judge has no discretion in sentencing.
4) If convicted of possession of a stolen firearm that is in the database 5 years sentence enhancement PER FIREARM is added to any other sentence. NO early release, and this is a federal offense served in federal prison. The judge has no discretion in sentencing.
5) If convicted of using a stolen firearm that is in the database in commission of a crime 20 years sentence enhancement is added to any other sentence. NO early release, and this is a federal offense served in federal prison. The judge has no discretion in sentencing.
6) Any firearm that has had the serial number deliberately obliterated is to be assumed to be one of the firearms in the database. The exceptions covering corrosion and/or restoration already in the federal law apply.
7) If you purchase a firearm at that point it is up to you to decide if it is worth your time to make sure it is not listed in the database.

Whenever I have brought this up to the "if it saves just one life!" crowd, they want nothing to do with it. I would submit for consideration that this demonstrates the utter lack of sincerity on their part.