View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:41 PM

This is another one of those "Personal Preference" Subjects and requires a lot of patience from the "crowd" while the info goes in the mind of the Questioner, and He/She makes a decision best for them.

Personally, a Wheel-gun is a far better choice in a Self-Protection choice, because of the many scenarios that are possible.

A semi-auto requires a clear field about itself to allow proper function. This leaves many issues possible to prevent a first fire, or, repeated fire of the weapon. The weapon of first response, to me should allow for as many positive operating/functioning conditions as possible...if there is just too many what-if's, it is a poor choice.

If I need more fire-power, that is the job of the quickly accessible pistol: to fight off the immediate, and allow me to go for the shotgun or rifle that may be needed further.

One needs to prepare for the Adrenalin rush of a threat and not put themselves or family members in a mode of trying to remember how to operate or keep clothing/hands away from the moving parts of a semi-auto.
(This is TOTALLY my feelings on this. I love my semi-autos, too. But, not as a first response piece).

A revolver's operation is straight forward and instinctive in its operation and requires a LOT less concentration on its requirements to function correctly.

I have both types of firearms (a 410 Judge & a 1911) close for access...but the order I grab one will always be the Judge first.

As I said, this is a VERY Personal choice! One needs to feel comfortable with that choice. If there is ANY Second guessing, or questioning that choice, it is probably not the best solution.

It's worth the questioning of other's experiences and put yourself in as many possibilities, mentally, to feel the greatest level of confidence in a choice of weapon(s).

Good Luck!

Respectfully,

Bill