View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:38 AM

Default 1/2% Antimony Cores

Low antimony lead cores are what Berger uses to make their 22/6 BR bullets, not sure what % antimony they use for their other bullets they make. When I started making bullets back in 1995 I bought wire from Eric Stecker. I asked him what was correct wire to make BR bullets with J4 jackets. He sold me a couple 25# spools of 1/2 % antimony wire. When I bought 200# of wire from Lester Bruno he also recommended 1/2% antimony stating that's what he uses. Gary Ocock,Don Gentner, Allen Bench, and Lowell Frei all recommended 1/2% antimony wire for making 22/6 Bullets using J4 jackets. All these names are well known in the shooting and bullet making World.

Glad to hear from Al Nyhus, George Ulrich, J. Valentine, Randy Robinett, and others about using higher antimony lead wire. On Small Caliber new bullet makers need to hear both sides of using low antimony and higher antimony wire. Al and the others need to give more reasons for using higher antimony wire. Also there needs a few that make small caliber bullets less than 22 how do their operation. Bullet makers are a small but very knowledgeable group willing to share their knowledge.

Stephen Perry

Last edited by stephen perry 1; 01-13-2013 at 03:32 PM.