View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by george ulrich View Post
[World.

Glad to hear from Al Nyhus, George Ulrich, J. Valentine, Randy Robinett, and others about using higher antimony lead wire. On Small Caliber new bullet makers need to hear both sides of using low antimony and higher antimony wire. Al and the others need to give more reasons for using higher antimony wire. Also there needs a few that make small caliber bullets less than 22 how do their operation. Bullet makers are a small but very knowledgeable group willing to share their knowledge.

Stephen Perry
Less bullet deforming in barrel at least with fb.many years ago when I started br shooting geza nagy was trying all kinds of experiments one we did was bullet deforming in barrels.his test was to shoot all different makes and styles ;fb,bt; and I measured differences after they were shot.bottom line was all fb expanded to groove dia. of barrels they were shot in but the bt's were all slightly smaller in dia. so later after wondering why I tried a little different spin on this and cut a barrel off just at chamber end.i was friends with local police chief and being a larger metro. area they had a great ballistics lab.shot and caught bullets in there tank.funny the fb base all deformed kinda like a mushroom on base then they would swage down as they passed through throat area.the bt. showed no deforming at all.so went to harder cores this minimized fb deforming.never looked back since then my preference is 1% on 22-6's I don't make so many 30's but I would increase if I did.also can't recall who tested with large %'s of tin or the amount but they basically matched the specific gravity of jacket mat. which takes all jacket tir out of the picture.also the other great thing about tin is it adheres mechanically to copper so if your concerned about core shift they won't. sorry for the length of this hope someone can get some use from it. george[/quote]

George, how'd ya get so smart? I bet it wasn't from just doin' stuff, "the way it's always beenn done!" Whatayagunnado - give away ALL of the secrets?!!? RG