View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 10:38 AM

If you are a beginner, READ THE RELOADING MANUAL'S INTRODUCTION TO RELOADING AMMUNITION......THEN PROCEED WITH CAUTION..!! If you are experienced in reloading ammunition, "ALL LOAD DATA" tells you to USE CAUTION, & to REDUCE MAX. LOAD'S SHOWN BY 10%..!! Start with the "STARTING LOAD" & "SLOWLY WORK UP". Small caliber's are "VERY SENSITIVE" to small powder increases, there is a reason why load data shows a .2 tenths increase in powder..!! "READ THE SIGNS", my experience has taught me that SOMETIMES you may experience "Sticky Bolt Lift", BEFORE you see the pressure signs on the primer, SOMETIMES you will see the pressure signs on the primer first. Load Data shows you "THE PRIMERS THEY USED", here again, ALL LOAD DATA tells you "IF YOU SUBSTITUTE ANYTHING" (use) a different primer, bullet, or change the C.O.A.L. REDUCE YOUR STARTING LOAD.....the load data was developed with the components they used, combined with the C.O.A.L. ALSO EACH GUN/RIFLE is different, what works well in my rifle, may be HOT in your rifle..!! Different brands of primers have different "Heat Ranges", & different "Primer Cup Hardness", so the primer you are using may have a "Hard Primer Cup" you may feel "Sticky Bolt Lift" BEFORE you see the pressure signs on the primer. I'm glad you were at least wearing safety glasses, you could have lost an eye, or both of them..!! A lesson you will never forget..!!