View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
Ken, unless you're really hot for a M70 Hornet, I'd opine there are much better rifles in that chambering. Nothing against the old M70, have two myself, but the action is very large for such a small cartridge, it will have an overly long bolt throw, also much heavier than a Hornet should be. Those rifles in that chambering can also fetch some pretty high prices. The Hornet chambering on the old pre-'64 M70's is one of the more rare chamberings along with the 7x57 Mauser, hence the high prices now. Things to consider, as a CZ, Sako, Anschutz and other like sized actions would be a much better choice IMO.

Like Doug here, my love affair with the Hornet at this time is a Browning 1885 Low Wall in K-Hornet. Another one to consider, as they really shoot.
Have to agree with the length of 22 Hornet in the M70 as I feel that even 17 Fireball is really too small for my Remintgton 700 SPS Varmint.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.