View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Board Sponsor

If you need a different size lug I think I would just wait until you have the barrel and order the size you need (if any is needed at all). If your need falls between sized, order the larger size and cut it down (thin) to fit. Unless you think for some reason you would make use of enough of the 11pc set to make it worth your investment.

For what it is worth I don't think you will. While you may make use of a number of barrels, most folks end up with one shooting so well they do not want to swap it out once mounted. Even those of us who are T/C fanatics end up leaving frame and barrels together and buying more frames, and the T/C is made as a switch barrel that can be done in the field. Often the hassle of swapping out barrels becomes more than it is worth when you have to set head space and nut torque each time.

If you do decide to swap barrels often, I highly recommend being very consistent on your head space set-up and torque on the nut. It will make the accuracy you are seeking easier to attain.
http://shop.reedsammo.com Online store
info@reedsammo.com