View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 07:07 PM
Supporting Member

This one doesn't have the sound but there ain't much anyway. When the bull has been snorting that that cows flanks and then stands up broadside, the guy with Greg says "There's your shot if ya want it". Greg did and there's a rifle crack and all the elk stand up. The bull stands there while all the other's clear out and then another crack. The bull starts stumbling forward and the Guy with Greg says "that's heart"! The bull does a nose-plant and it's all over.

https://imgur.com/S4uFN6c

I guess some of us just ain't cut out to do stuff on the computer and it looks like I'm one of em. Fortunately I don't care much .
Nice Bull Greg got, bet ya couldn't cut the gravy with a chainsaw. I'm into those trophy ears on those big ole fat cows but we live on elk. Fat cow that's been eating alfalfa and barley is more to the brides liking, mine too for that matter. But I'm betting Greg is real pleased with that bull so God bless him and I'm glad he got what he wanted. He did say it was real tasty.

P.S.
For those that are curious he shot it with a .17 Ackley Hornet...…..or maybe it was a 7MM-Imperial Magnum and a 180 grain Berger .
He shot it in the extreme North West corner of Colorado on private land I think he said.