View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 02:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter
Default deer season opened today

shot a deer this morning and decided to go back out in the afternoon and fill thje second tag.
took the xp-100 6br with 80 gr sierra special singleshot pistol bullets doing 2900 fps.
had 4 does come out behind my ground blind, lasered at 270 yards,no way to shoot to the rear. the blind is a home made hay bail blind and it weighs about 50 pounds.
the deer grazed across the field to the edge of the river. the only thing i could think to do to get a shot was pick the blind up and rotate it 180*. well it worked as the deer were not spooked.
i have a stiff plywood board thea acts as a shooting bench along with the harris bipod.
lasered the deer again, 210 yards. thought it was a mistake so i did it again. 210 right on the mark, my 3-12 burris has four bdc crosshairs. the first is set dead nuts on at 100 the second is dead on at 210. placed the crosshain on the biggest deer's chest and centered it just behind the front leg. the xp rockes ever so slightly and the deer flused like quail. they went behind a small knoll and i counted them, one, two three, oops there was four so i counted again, sure enough three.
when i reached the knoll top i could see the doe laying about 50 yards from where i shot her. quarter sized hole in and out, got both lungs and clipped the major arteries at the top of the heart.
love my xp, sure more challenging than a rifle.

Last edited by foxhunter; 11-15-2015 at 02:38 AM.