View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 05:25 PM

Whenever you see a load that is 2-300 fps and the words "safe in my gun" run away. My knowledge is limited compared to most here, but I have a friend who works in the ballistic lab at the company that guys are constantly saying that their loads are weak, because of the lawyers. All of their test barrels are min spec and every load is either checked cup or psi with the powder they purchase. When I call for data/ advice he can tell me the ending psi on every load, even though its not published, and IDK if anyone can call and get it, so I won't share it. When you work up a load and don't use the primer, brass and the lot of powder, you will not get the results they did and the psi will be different. If brand B, H, N or S says I can get 3800 with a bullet in said caliber, I will use that as a guideline when working up a load for it. To "me" the tactical guys are the worst offenders. 605CM is a common one. Guys will be trashing a make of brass for the primer pockets are not taking more than 2 reloadings when they are pushing 200 fps or more over published data, because they know how brand X's lawyers won't let them publish max psi data. Darwin had some ideas about those guys.