View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Supporting Member

I was just adding a powder to the equation with my mention of IMR4198. I've owned well over a dozen (15 IIRC) 17 Remington rifles since the early to mid 1970's, and I've tried any and all of the mentioned powders that work well in the 17 Remington. And more than one of them do work extremely well. Anyone can find a good 17 Rem load with a lot of different powders.

Through it all, at the end of the day I've always went back to the IMR 4198 load that I shoot with Hornady 25 grain HP bullets for coyotes. It has worked extremely well in all of my 17 Rem rifles over the years, both in terms of accuracy and velocity. I've never had a problem with IMR 4198 powder bridging, but I also check every cartridge individually for consistent powder levels. It probably adds 2 minutes max to the loading of 100 rounds.

btw - Even though I hate to see Hornady stop making them, I have a lifetime supply of 25 grain Hornady HP bullets. I've been buying a few extras when I see them since back when Willy Clinton was a boy chasing skirts in the White House.........

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine