Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2014, 04:57 PM

Drill a hole in a piece of wood that will hold the bullet snugly, then just sand off the bullet and wood on a belt sander and you get a nice sectioned bullet, just go slow. Larry
Old 11-25-2014, 05:03 PM

May have to play around a little. Sectioning brass is easy but I have not tried to do a bullet.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:09 PM

This is a sectioned plated bullet done that way. Larry

Old 11-25-2014, 09:14 PM

Psssst- don't tell them that the belt will fill up with copper and lead. OK if you have the rubber stick for cleaning the belt, or maybe they don't work with lead fouling in the stones.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:28 PM

Larry
Nice trick to share on this! I was amazed at the way you had these sectioned and how you did it! Nice work!
Thanks
Bill
Old 11-25-2014, 10:25 PM

The others were not done by me, however I have also sectioned barrels the same way, with the plastic tips you just have to go slow so as not to melt the plastic. I am betting he did them the same way I do. Larry
Old 11-26-2014, 12:05 AM

SDGuy, the 17 cal. varment nightmares from midsouth is all i shoot in my 17 cal stuff. Whether there Nosler or not I don't care there cheap and do the job on sage rats that I use them for. I get around .5 accuracy with them when I do my part. The 20 cal ones work good for me also, I get both the 17 and 20 cals to shoot the best as close to lans as possible.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramos View Post
Tillman, how are you getting such a clean cut on those bullets? If you are doing them on a mill, please share your' technique. I would love to make a few myself!
Happy to share, just don't want to derail this thread off onto an interesting but very OT track

Will start a new thread for group discussion and keep this one heading back on track after this small detour...
Old 11-26-2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Sherm View Post
SDGuy, the 17 cal. varment nightmares from midsouth is all i shoot in my 17 cal stuff. Whether there Nosler or not I don't care there cheap and do the job on sage rats that I use them for. I get around .5 accuracy with them when I do my part. The 20 cal ones work good for me also, I get both the 17 and 20 cals to shoot the best as close to lans as possible.
In terms of accuracy we seem to experience better accuracy results from the Midsouth bullets than the over seas offering (bulk SHOTS) Tilleyman refers to. Still say Ill have to do some extensive testing on my own.

Loved the input seen on this thread in terms of the cross sectioning. Be safe guys with the lead dust, think in terms of proper handling of lead per MSDS sheets. http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927204 Not wishing to go overboard just be conscientious of risk to self and others that may frequent our work area, especialy little ones.
Galatians 5:22-23New Living Translation (NLT)

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Last edited by SDguy605; 11-26-2014 at 06:08 AM.