Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 10-22-2016, 12:09 AM

Default Why all the negativity?

20 posts & all had a negative tone. Why is everyone speculating & making derogatory comments when we have no clue what the deal was, what the Nammo Groups plans are, or how this is going to change, if it does at all, Berger Bullets. Lapua & Vihta Vouri offer first class products to shooters world wide. In fact, I consider their products superior in every way to their American counterparts. They just purchased another company that also makes first class products that may have saved it from going under for all we know. Regardless, it's probably a lot better deal for us than Bass Pro buying Cabela's so they can overprice the junk they sell. Where's all the concern for the thousands of jobs lost on that hedge fund scam? For all we know, Nammo possibly saved American jobs. Just my two cents.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:30 PM

I agree with the spirit of your post, Old Hawkeye. However, I would suggest that you read a bit closer. Not ALL of the posts are negative.

The Berger buyout reminds me of that saying that goes something like this: The only thing constant is change.

Not trying to get all 'philosophical' because I am not qualified to do so. All I am saying is that we better be able to handle change because there is no escaping it.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Supporting Member

There sure is a lot of angst and intrigue over next to nothing... Business sell all of the time..

If the owner can make money doing it, why not? When you buy something you get a good or service in return, but not necessarily voting rights in how to run someone else's business.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 10-22-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hawkeye View Post
In fact, I consider their products superior in every way to their American counterparts.
Bold statement. I'll trade 90 Lapua 223 brass for 300 new batch FC or LC, about the same dollar value but the FC or LC is better. Almost no difference between current commercial FC and LC, I suspect since Federal took over operations of Lake City they moved 223 brass production down to LC.
Lapua 223 primer pockets start out on the small side (their claim to fame, undersized PP) but open up quickly on loads that don't touch FC/LC. Larger weight variance than FC or LC.

NOT impressed with their 223 brass, it ain't like the 6BR brass, even so the old timey BR crowd pays a premium for gold box brass BECAUSE THE QUALITY WENT DOWN.

Last edited by GrocMax; 10-22-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Supporting Member

If Hillary gets elected, and that is starting to look pretty likely, you might be very happy to have offshore bullet makers that aren't under her administration's thumb. I know that being able to buy European produced stuff has really helped up here during the past few years of huge shortages of U.S. produced goods.

I would be a lot more worried about her than this buyout. If you don't already have a lifetime supply of everything you need you probably want to get it in the next month.

Last edited by Dean2; 10-22-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:38 PM

All the shortages were caused by this perception and the resultant panic buying/hoarding. All the manufacturers were going full tilt with unprecedented sales.

Its a lot easier politically to stop imports than domestic production. Why you ain't seen Tula/Wolf primers in a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
If Hillary gets elected, and that is starting to look pretty likely, you might be very happy to have offshore bullet makers that aren't under her administration's thumb. I would be a lot more worried about her than this buyout. If you don't already have a lifetime supply of everything you need you probably want to get it in the next month.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:33 PM
Supporting Member

Fair comment. I amended my post, having European suppliers has been great for Canada, maybe not for you guys. As to shortages being the result of hoarding, that may be but eventually that hoarding is going to pay off, even if it is only you have a cheap supply of stuff 30 years from now when everything has again tripled in price. Loading supplies have actually been a good investment and hedge against inflation. I am still shooting Hornady bullets I paid $4 a hundred for in the 70s that now sell for $50. Not to many other investments have gone up 12 times in 46 years.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:53 PM

Hmm...

1) Lapua...cha-ching (The sound of lots of money hitting the cash register
2) Vihtavuori Oy...cha-ching
3) Berger...cha-ching

Nammo Group (Lapua, Vihtavuori Oy) buys Berger..double cha-ching?

Hope not!

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Hmm...

1) Lapua...cha-ching (The sound of lots of money hitting the cash register
2) Vihtavuori Oy...cha-ching
3) Berger...cha-ching

Nammo Group (Lapua, Vihtavuori Oy) buys Berger..double cha-ching?

Hope not!

Danny
I fail to understand your post. Are you complaining? Are you warning? Are you predicting enormous price increases in Berger bullets? Are you accusing Nammo of price gouging? Are you against a business supplying products to it's customers & being successful? Are you hoping that Nammo not make money? Just curious. Could you be more specific?
Old 10-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Supporting Member

Hoarding is defined as a way for some people to rationalize and explain the fact that they find only empty shelves when they finally get around to shop because they can only plan their lives 5 minutes ahead of the current time.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine