Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2014, 01:35 AM

Default 17 HH brass in stock @ Buds

Newer Hornady brass seems to be closer to top shelf brass based on my observations. If anyone may be interested Buds is offering this brass at better than powder valley pricing.

Otherwise if you wish to form your own, Powder valley & Grafts & sons still has Privi 22 Hornet brass in stock at a good price.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/711006188

http://powdervalleyinc.com

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...ategoryId/622?
Galatians 5:22-23New Living Translation (NLT)

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Last edited by SDguy605; 10-01-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:03 AM
Supporting Member

Out of stock. I was able to order 3 boxes, but not 4 so I think I got the last of it. Hope it is new production and free of the issues found the first go round with the 17HH ammo/brass. I have 2 boxes of loaded ammo I snagged ~18 months ago I can compare it to when it comes in.

Now I need to get back down to the lathe and finish tapering the barrel and getting it threaded and chambered for the cz 527 I have been "working on". Or is not considered work if I only look at it and not actually touch it?

I am doing a green mountain 1:9 stainless on this build. Thinking of finishing at 20.5-21" in a taper between the cz sporter and varmint. Somewhere around .660" or so at a 21" muzzle straight tapered after a 1" long 25mm shank. This will also be my first time cutting an extractor relief in the barrel face and also my first rimmed cartridge chamber. I did build a fixture to hold the barrel off the back of table on the bridgeport, and based on the 22h barrel I pulled from the donor action it should be a very simple cut to duplicate, assuming I can torque the barrel down repeatably.

Anyone have a good reamer print from ptg for the 17HH? Not a loosy goosy saami chamber, but one that has been snugged up to prevent bulging at the base and overworking of the necks.

Travis

Last edited by Lumpenproles; 10-01-2014 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Ipad wouldn't cooperate!
Old 10-01-2014, 04:30 AM

Default Back up and available it seems

Seems to be available now, curious what was up with that. (shutting down on you) They sure like to squirrel there prices around I see.

Good luck with that barrel.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Last edited by SDguy605; 10-01-2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpenproles View Post
Anyone have a good reamer print from ptg for the 17HH? Not a loosy goosy saami chamber, but one that has been snugged up to prevent bulging at the base and overworking of the necks.

Travis
Also keen to know what others think would be appropriately tightened reamer dimensions for the 17 Hornet while still allowing the use of 'standard' reloading dies from Hornady, Redding etc.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy605 View Post
Seems to be available now, curious what was up with that. (shutting down on you) They sure like to squirrel there prices around I see.

Good luck with that barrel.
It will only let you add a qty of 1 to the cart. Try and do more and it says out of stock, and the price went up since last night. Makes you not want to shop there....

Thanks for the initial heads up last night and I hope I actually get what was ordered.

Where in eastern SD are you? I was born in Brookings, lived in Estelline, and still have lots of family in the area.
Travis
Old 10-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Supporting Member

Default nope

must have been short lived, no brass at Buds
Old 10-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Supporting Member

For those looking, check here:
http://www.natchezss.com/Category.cf...prodID=HO8611&

It was in stock at 10:37AM PST on 10/01/2014.

Eric
Old 10-01-2014, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the link Eric, I just ordered 2 boxes of 17 hornet brass from Natchezss.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Supporting Member

Bud's called today and let me know the 3 boxes I ordered were not all available. There was only one box available and they would refund me the difference, or I could cancel the entire order with no penalty. I canceled as I didn't want to pay $10 shipping on a single box of brass.

I appreciated the call and would maybe give them another shot at an order in the future.

Back to plan B.... Hurry up and wait for midsouth to get more loaded ammo. Natchez at 28.49 a box doesn't make sense when I can buy loaded ammo for ~$35 per 50 and get primers, powder, and vmax bullets for what amounts to $15 per 100 and not have to spend time reloading.

Travis
Old 10-02-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpenproles View Post
Bud's called today and let me know the 3 boxes I ordered were not all available. There was only one box available and they would refund me the difference, or I could cancel the entire order with no penalty. I canceled as I didn't want to pay $10 shipping on a single box of brass.

I appreciated the call and would maybe give them another shot at an order in the future.

Back to plan B.... Hurry up and wait for midsouth to get more loaded ammo. Natchez at 28.49 a box doesn't make sense when I can buy loaded ammo for ~$35 per 50 and get primers, powder, and vmax bullets for what amounts to $15 per 100 and not have to spend time reloading.

Travis
Sorry about the issues w Buds, Powder Valley pulled that on me once also.

You May wish to follow up with Eric's lead again.

http://www.natchezss.com/Category.cf...prodID=HO8611&