Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2014, 11:07 PM

Default CZ 527 Mag (13009) 17 HH

Hello: A week ago I was inquiring about the shortage or lack of availability of replacement mag's for CZ 527, in 17 HH with CZ USA. Received the following response.

We have them on hold for non-sale temporarily. We hope to have the problem corrected soon.

Anyone aware of what issues CZ is looking to remedy before making these 17 HH mag's available to the public?
Galatians 5:22-23New Living Translation (NLT)

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Last edited by SDguy605; 10-07-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:29 PM

Try ordering here:

http://www.shop-cz.com/magazine-cz-5...ornet/d-70519/
Old 10-06-2014, 11:38 PM

Hmmm... I bought two 17 Hornet mags with my CZ527 17 Hornet... the follower was engraved 17/22 HOR which suggests CZ intended the same magazine to be used for both rounds. However, the two cartridges are of course very different in shape and IMO each should have a specific magazine for optimal feeding.

I have had issues with the longer slimmer fireforming rounds hanging up on each other (seems the rims lock somehow) which needs the magazine lower plate removed, the plastic spacer and spring removed and the locked rounds cleared.

Once fireformed the 17 Hornet mags feed OK (albeit a bit stiff to close the bolt sometimes as the rim rides up into the extractor claw). My ZKW465 22 Hornet magazine feeds very slickly in comparison... which was specifically designed for the 22 Hornet round.

I'm not sure what specific issue CZ is trying to address but I'd say one magazine for two different Hornet rounds could be involved
Old 10-06-2014, 11:41 PM

Default order here

I would like to order from within the USA lower 48 if possible. Apparently there may be issue with the mags. I wish to understand the concern that is holding up sales. Also wish to know if I may have a concern with the Mag I have now that I am unaware of.

Thank you for the option though.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Last edited by SDguy605; 10-07-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilleyman View Post
Hmmm... I bought two 17 Hornet mags with my CZ527 17 Hornet... the follower was engraved 17/22 HOR which suggests CZ intended the same magazine to be used for both rounds. However, the two cartridges are of course very different in shape and IMO each should have a specific magazine for optimal feeding.

I have had issues with the longer slimmer fireforming rounds hanging up on each other (seems the rims lock somehow) which needs the magazine lower plate removed, the plastic spacer and spring removed and the locked rounds cleared.

Once fireformed the 17 Hornet mags feed OK (albeit a bit stiff to close the bolt sometimes as the rim rides up into the extractor claw).
Tilleman: I have had similar concerns here. Had me thinking about a Mag individual, to each caliber also.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy605 View Post
Tilleman: I have had similar concerns here. Had me thinking about a Mag individual, to each caliber also.
Here's a shot of the two mags compared... upper is ZKW465 for 22 Hornet, lower is the CZ527 17/22 Hornet magazine.

Note different profile feed lips... the 465 feeds like sardines into a seal, the 527 not so much

Old 10-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Supporting Member

Default I have CZ 22 Hornet magazines that.....

...that are all three different in the feed lip area. Purchased with and without rifles in the last dozen years.
Looking back I see one is of the newer mags was purchased as an extra for a 17HH I had and sold.
I don't think I used any of them, preferring to make as well as buy [Calhoun's] single shot blocks made from steel and home made DELRIN single shot blocks. I don't remember any of the CZ mags working like 'butter', figuring they must need the bottom of the feed lips polished or 'something'.
PS- I always thought 'perfection' would be for Calhoun to offer his single shot block in black Delrin as well as steel...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Alan in GA; 10-07-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:43 PM

Mate Henry had problems with CZ 17H It just would not feed so E Brothers sent him two replacement mags free of charge and promised him a £50 payment for his trouble.
I have a 17A/H in a Ruger 77 chassis converted from 22H I use the same mags with no trouble at all.
Wally