Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2017, 08:07 PM

Every state is one election away from electing a real anti gun governor. Good luck EV and hope you never see this day.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:51 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Hey SgtG:
When was that?

Iv'e been thinking the pop was around 30,000 when I was
there.

Christmas '73, had a wide load on and had been in the Army and missed
Christmas with the kids 3 yrs. Meant a lot to get home. Another driver got sick and Mrs. Reed at Ontario took me to see him. Had a legal load going to Ark. Left mine on their lot, took Dicks thru here and saw the kids, then on to deliver his load. He'd flown home and met me there. Flew back to Boise, one of the pump jockeys drove me over the crik about the 28th of Dec. Trk stop wouldn't even let me pay the guy to drive me over as we bought lots of fuel from them. Great folks all over that country. I know Lowell would enjoy it.

Can't imagine that many people there, wow!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 01-31-2017 at 05:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-31-2017, 02:08 PM

When my family went on the search for a new home, 25 years ago, we blanketed the Rockies on trips to find a perfect place to continue raising our three kids. As then, and even more important now, is environmental quality!
Clean water and air were primary issues for us, after leaving the "Mess" created by Industry where we used to live!

Almost settled on Cedar City, and after for trips to the area in different times of the year, we were about to purchase a house when the Chamber Commerce Rep., very proudly told me a huge hog production farm was being planned NW of the city! "Hog production is a HUGE consumer of water!" I said. "Where are they planning on getting water in this drought-prone area?" He said they planned on drilling several large diameter wells to use ground water. ...We did not move there!

Everyplace has its compromises and each individual has to weigh those to best achieve the Lifestyle one is looking for. We went through a lot of yellow legal pads, listing and revising our goals.

Wish you the best Lowell on your search...you know you are welcome to come see us, if your travels bring you close!

Bill

P.S. George, It is COLD here! But, in the last few weeks it has been COLD EVERYWHERE in the Rocky Mtn. area!!!!!!
I am really tired of shoveling snow into BIG piles around the house!

Last edited by william t. oviatt; 01-31-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:03 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld
Smile

Hi Bill:

We've only had about a week down to -22F, two other days around -12F.
Most snow we've had here this year so far was 7", twice that fell but, settled and never built up over that. Thing I like about Pueblo weather. Soon as it quits, the sun comes out.

OF interest: maybe!!! Winter of '73-4 I got to Lil America when it was -39F and 50mph. My first lesson on the real cold stuff. Parked on a frozen puddle. Warm tires melted down then refroze, wind blown snow blew in around the brakes and refroze. I spent most of a day under that tractor with a propane torch melting and drying out the brakes so I could even move the rig! I was told the wind chill was around -110F. Being dressed for it I really didn't get too cold somehow. Diesel fuel #2 jelled a half full qt oil can in 20 min til it wouldn't dump out. I'd never seen that before either.

They had a HUGE pile of tires with the treads pulled off from being frozen to the puddles. I got lucky and didn't ruin any tires.

Another trip thru there from UT to Laramie on the highly polished ice a person couldn't crawl across without falling. We couldn't buy a breeze and it was so cold the diesel smoke from the rigs just laid out there like windrows of hay about 10ft dia. They rolled over against the fence and stacked up side by side, the smoke was so heavy just the barbed wire fence held it back. Big white clouds a 100 rows wide that ran for miles. So thick and cold they didn't even disperse into each other. Amazing!

Yes sir, WHYHoming gets COLD fella's!

I do like Wyoming a lot, have been over most of it. I loved running across there when it was dry and warmer, could run it 75-80mph and keep the hammer down all day. What we truckers called: "making a mile". Across I-80 there's no mtns west of Cheyenne, just rolling hills.

Just bs on my part, hope it gives others something to consider is all. Wish you all well, even frozen Bill!!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 02-01-2017, 11:59 AM

Default Boise population

georgeld; I was a bicycle racer in 73-75 and we would do training rides up to Lucky Peak reservoir on the way down just before Gate City Steel there was a sign that said population 76,--- it never changed so by 75 there had to be more.

Those years is when the population really started exploding (mad rush of Kalifornians) I guess were all from somewhere .
When I got out of the Army in 78 and came home I almost couldn't recognize the place, some of the best farmland anywhere, covered with houses. sgtg out
Old 02-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Supporting Member

I retired in 2005. My bride is 8 years younger than me. She has worked as a manager for Rite Aid Corp. for 26 years. She will be retiring soon and we are heading to Pa. NJ will suck you dry with taxes. I have to work p/t now just to make ends meet. Once we get out of this state our money will triple in value. The taxes on my old farm went to over 12K when I got out of there. That was 4 years ago and I see many new developments have been built in the area so god only knows what they are paying now.

We plan on doing a little trip out west this summer. So these plans may alter slightly. Who knows I may end up Doug's neighbor
Old 02-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Supporting Member

Steve if you visit Doug, you'll be seriously rethinking about Pa.