Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Supporting Member

Default thought I was going to sell,...not buy : )

OK, said I was going to 'reduce the inventory'........ : I
Local ad pops up: CZ 452 Varmint 17HM2/ new, never mounted Leupold 3x-9x VX2, rings, Harris bipod, 7 boxes ammo. As new condition. Ad listed $600, seller took $500 for all. Hope to finish the transaction tomorrow! [anything can happen, right?].
It's a face to face and an hour away.
You know the routine that sometimes happens (post what you've heard before): "oh, I was offered the full price after we 'made' the deal, so..."
Or, "My wife said no",
Or, "my son/neighbor/family member was upset when he learned I was selling it"
Or, "I changed my mind/made a mistake".
Or, "my dog ate my homework",......no,.....wait...that was for back in school.

LOL....what will be, will be. Will let you guys know. I have a relined Chinese CZ/Brno bolt rifle clone in 22LR that I relined to 17HM2 but always thought a CZ 452 Varmint in same would be fun. Also might thread for my lead dust collector, ...legally owned and Fed stamped of course. Hope I can feed this thing...find ammo. Got one brick of Eley but.....
Doug, it's a plain wood stock......mine won't warp like that crazy figured stick you got....LOL!
I guess I got my panties in a wad over the 17 Hornet ammo [crap brass]. Hope this purchase will get me back on track.
Sorry if I offended any with that scenario.

PS- my CZ 452 Varmint in 17HMR looked lonely.......

Last edited by Alan in GA; 11-23-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Supporting Member

PS- my CZ 452 Varmint in 17HMR looked lonely.......

Can't have that now can you nothing more pathetic then a lonely rifle hope it works out for you.

Tom
Old 11-23-2013, 03:29 PM

No need to apologize for adding to the collection. I have tried to downsize many times and I always end up making it larger.

I remember a time when I had agreed to a price on the phone. The guy calls me back the next day after I had taken the day off and got the money from the bank to tell me he had looked on line and found people selling something similar for more. Before I could say anything he started rambling about needing to sell this rifle with another rifle because he was selling both for his brother. I told him I would pass which made him giddy. It all worked out for the best because I found a rifle I liked better for less money later.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Supporting Member

Alan you do know that who ever has the most guns at the end wins right?
Old 11-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Supporting Member

Default it's a gradual process...

and like many changes it's best done gradually.
Sell two, buy one, sell one [or two], buy one, sell one, buy one, buy two.....uh...oops, lost track. Let's see now, buy one,...no wait,,..how does it go??
Old 11-24-2013, 01:09 AM

Alan,
Life if tough. My recent coyote hunts have had them coming in so close I decided my next rifle would need to be a shotgun. So I have gone looking for shotguns. In the process, I keep looking at a brand new cz 452 17hmr at Sheels. I was going to get a 455 but I could get one of those anytime in the future, so I come home and start to do a little cash planning. Of course, I am one scope short for the rifles I already have and so I put that back in my budget. I still haven't purchased that pistol for my conceal carry and know that some day soon I will need it, so it goes into the budget too. Now I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. If I don't buy any groceries for 6 more months and I sell the old trail 90, I just might be able to pull it off. By the way, how do you like your 452?
Burt
Old 11-24-2013, 01:49 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Discovered yesterday my buying spree is overwith. Got a dun for car ins and can't pay the yrs bill, gotta get back to monthlies again. Man, I sure went thru the money just like Dad said I would.

Hey Burt: Watch that light down the tunnel, for me it's just been one train wreck after another for several yrs now.

Alan:
Hope the deal came thru and you're happy with it. mans gotta have at least two of everything, right?

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 11-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Supporting Member

Default Have not handled a 455 but....

I don't like what I've read about them, I like threads, not 'hold down screws' for barrel anchoring.

Last edited by Alan in GA; 11-24-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Supporting Member

Default requisition completed...

Finally got a 452 Varmint 17 Mach 2. Bipod is $50 version but a good feeling totally adjustable 2 way swivel job. Rifle is 98%, scope is 99+%. 7 boxes of Eley ammo, I'm happy.
Now, where's the JB?
Old 11-24-2013, 10:06 PM

Sweet. I am glad you got it. I have a 452 Varmint in 22 Magnum that I have not shot yet. I hope to get some time over the holidays.