Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-11-2018, 11:37 PM

I just bought a set of PPC COMP shellholders from redding, only to get home and put them away, on top of a nice full set of COMP PPC shellholders. DUH.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Ramos:

Tools, HA!!
They have two habits: hiding and multiplying!
Agreed?

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 04-12-2018, 08:10 AM
Supporting Member

I was thinking GW and I figure it could be worse, you coulda done it on purpose . I bought one a the original CZ Varmint Kevlar offerings with the HS Precision stocks and had Greg Tannel do the full enchilada on it making me a .20 VarTarg. Pac-Nor 1 in 12 3 groove SS Super Match Barrel etc. etc., drives tack.
Years pass and I was chatting with Brother Ray H. about possibly selling a few guns on the classifieds here. He mentions it's a good place for us small caliber junkies to do just that and in fact he says, "You oughtta see the CZ .20 VarTarg on there now, H.S. Precision stock, Pac-Nor SS 3 groove Super Match with a 1 in 12. Shot less then a hundred times." "With or without a 6X20 Leupold on it."
One minute I'm talking about selling a few guns and an hour later I got a new one on the way (with optics) .
Here's the original.

Here's it's new near twin.

As it turns out the fine fella I bought it from picked my brain when he was building it so it's near identical to my first except the new one has a .229 neck and my original has a .228. I also like the new ones HS stock color better but I fear Nancy will as well.
Lovely gun that it is, it got here to my house cause I was trying to get Ray to help me get up the courage to sell some guns. Old guys are not only forgetful GW but easily led and Guppies for a bit of Purchase Mentoring as well it would appear.
Sound like you're doing ok in the .44Mag vent rib Contender dept GW and I figure I got a lifetime supply of VarTargs, especially at my age.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:49 AM

Default Doug,Doug,Doug.....

Tell me all about it!
Don’t ever get started on XP-100s and all the neat different small calibers for them,it’s like the addiction we all ready have with Rifles starting over again
Matt
Old 04-12-2018, 12:54 PM

You guys get no sympathy from me, I declared a moratorium on new guns at the end of last summer, safes all full all the corners of my work area packed etc. Then my hunting Bud up and died on me, started helping his Sister and Daughter sell off his guns and ended up adopting 16 (as of yesterday) of them myself. Oh well I never had much resistance when it came to guns anyway.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

well I think I can get a amen from George on this one. I know where my psychosis comes from. when I lived in Colorado springs and worked in the gun business I had permission to shoot prairie dogs on the turkey creek ranch. the ranch is huge (80,000) acres with a bunch of dog towns that ran for miles. on my days off I would head to the towns with a 5 gallon bucket of loaded ammo and when I went home it would be empty. stay up late at night and reload until the bucket was full once more and repeat. felt like I was in the movie ground hog day,
rifles wouldn't last very long until it was time to sell them off and get new ones just like the old one. at times I would have as many as 5 Remington 700 varmints in 223 and usually they would shoot well enough with the same load to reek havoc on the towns.
that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
Ramos:

Tools, HA!!
They have two habits: hiding and multiplying!
Agreed?

George,
The last time was particularly annoying to me. I had an ancient pair of linesman type pliers that had been with me for decades, and used when I got them. Was right outside the shop fiddling with zip-ties on a tractor. Finished up and started putting tools away. I had not gone anywhere else and those pliers were nowhere to be found. Not on the tractor, not on the ground, not on the work bench, not in the tool box, not in my pocket. That was three weeks ago and still no sign of them anywhere. I've looked at a few new ones, they're just not the same. What really chafes me is that I have always been mindful of those particular pliers as I knew they were something special, at least to me.
Jon
Old 04-12-2018, 03:47 PM
Supporting Member

Every once in awhile in the past few years, I get the thought that I should sell off of some of the herd. Then a voice from somewhere in the back row says, "Naw...."

About a year ago I sat my two boys down, actually I bought them a couple of beers so that I had their attention, and we discussed what was to be done with my, uh....collection....when the time comes. They are both gun savvy so I know my wife will be taken care of very well by them if I go first. And I live in an area where several good options - in the guise of gun shops that buy estates - exist close by to get rid of what they don't want.

But I'm really not planning on going first. I just haven't explained that to her yet. It might be painful for me if I tried.....

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 04-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Supporting Member

Default My turn.....

My most used pair of pliers were missing. They and a screwdriver and hammer were the only tools the family members in my household would ever borrow out of all the tools I have. I confronted my wife and two sons, with words something like "Now,... I don't MIND you using my tools, but PLEASE put them back where you found them so I can find them when I need them!" I was nice but firm in my inflection in this speech to the family members.
A couple days later I was in my garage shop and saw the pliers on an out of the norm location, on a shelf,.... right where I then remembered I had last put them.
My second and biggest mistake was telling the family...

Last edited by Alan in GA; 04-12-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:47 PM

I guess at some point we will be so far gone that these events simply won't bother us anymore...

Last edited by ramos; 04-12-2018 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Age