Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2018, 10:16 AM

Gave these to a friend of mine who is much bigger into Air guns than me, one still had the hang tags on it, I'd picked them both up at a Pawn Shop for $75 each. Also had an old Thumb Safety model Blue Streak, they are good shooters.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:21 AM
Banned

Default Benjamin

Wow! That's cool! Nice rifles
Old 07-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I have a 1964 Benjamin 312. 15 gr jsb exacts run 685fps over the chrony. I had a Diana 48 springer, wasn't much faster even though they claim it to be.

I think this would be perfect for backyard squirrels- https://www.crosman.com/marauder-pcp-air-pistol-22-cal

BTW here are your mounts- https://www.crosman.com/airguns/sher...es-and-pistols for the 392
Those RWS 48 rifles are very powerful but the mainsprings break quite often. They still shoot but power drops off. A section of about 3 to 5 coils breaks off one end of the mainspring and although it's held in place you probably will notice a little more rattle at the shot. Great rifles and they really are worth having a custom tune done to them then they shoot 'BETTER than new'!
Also be careful when you let somebody else shoot it. They will feel the force of having to cock it by the lever and then not realize the beartrap device prevents it from closing and force it attempting to close it, then the cocking rod breaks. I used to keep several cocking rods in stock to repair rifles this happened to.

Last edited by Alan in GA; 07-03-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:32 PM
Banned

Default Ruger

I shoot a Ruger impact 22cal spring piston air rifle. I got it for pest control. I'm shooting 18gr beeman crow magnum pellets. Most of the time at 20 yards the pellets go right threw a squirrel! What I've been finding out is you don't need all that power, especially in town with houses around! I think with the 22 cal at 500fps is just about right.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:38 PM

"If" you get one look at Baker airguns for a one piece mount. Many of the new ones have paint in the muzzle that needs to be removed. Personally if you are ruling out a PCP, I would get a quality spring or gas ram rated around 16fpe. I went PCP's with tanks and Shoebox compressor. Lots of options for everything, except pumpers anymore. I kind of wish I had not seen my first 100yd Prairie dog hunt on Youtube with a .25 Marauder, because it has been expensive.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dan Brothers Send a message via MSN to Dan Brothers Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Brothers

When I was a kid and got my hands on a sheridan, it was like putting a high powered rifle in my hands... killed more stuff than I should have. Then a few years ago I bought a Sumatra 22 cal.. WOW... even killed hogs with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfMp...has_verified=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5BNNfOJTlk&t=5s