Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Supporting Member

Default CPR to a 2008 post....17M2 lined rifle[s]....

never did post a picture. Relined went well, shortened barrel at same time. Actually, I shortened it while still a 22LR to see if 7" of barrel removed would help original bore's accuracy.....nope.

As a 17M2 I've shot it only on one visit to the range and got roughly 3/4" at 50 yards with only 20 or so shots through the new bore. Since then I've JB'd the bore after cleaning, and from what I 've read shooting the liner another 50 or so shots might 'break it in'. Gonna see. After all my first reline to 17M2 was done with a 'take off' Ruger 10/22 sporter barrel and it shot just at 1" at 100 yards with Hornady ammo. I really think this liner is going to do better with some more rounds. BTW I selected the 9" twist 17 liner. They are also available in 10" twist [Redman liners].

Had a ruptured case rim with minor gas leakage. Removed firing pin and smoothed some sharp edges and I fully believe that was the problem.

I will report back again before waiting 5 years. Some projects just drag on you know....

And,...the huge scope is just for these old eyes during accuracy testing. A compact 4X or 3x-9x will be the working scope.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Alan in GA; 09-03-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:41 PM

Default 17 Mach II

Will be interesting to see/read you results. Bill K
Old 09-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Supporting Member

Default thanks Bill.....

happily I can report that I bought a brick (500) of Eley ammo a while ago - when it was still $3.60 or so..... but 'no mo'!
Really wanting to get this rifle back to the range for more 'breaking in'. The muzzle is probably going to be too skinny for threading for my suppressor, but a machinist friend will be asked about it. Would be neat!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Supporting Member

Default there you go Boomer, a picture.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22_boomer View Post
I don't know what a Chinese copy of the CZ looks like -- when you get finished could you post a picture? Might give me something to look for at the gun shows. I relined a couple of rifles and chambered them in Mach2 and love to shoot them. hope your's turns out good!
....after only 5 years. Were you in a hurry to see it?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:36 PM

Default Does my heart good

It is nice to see that I am not the only one with old projects that have been collecting dust for years.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:05 PM

I have stuff on the bench that was bought for projects. I can't even remember what the project was going to be even when looking at the parts I bought.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Supporting Member

If you don't have dusty projects then either you don't have big enough aspirations or not good enough small caliber mentors. Lol