Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-28-2021, 07:51 PM
Supporting Member

A number of BR competitors seem to go by weight now, Tony Boyer always weighed his powder.
Now you see a number of people using Chargemasters and other auto powder dispensers, but there are still a number of competitors using a powder measure.

Some change how much powder they use based on temp, humidity etc I've never done that I just use the same weight, check the first couple on the scales then just throw the rest.

It's what has worked for me, but sometimes the rifle seems to shoot better in certain conditions than it does in other conditions, ie temp humidity etc But here in NZ we don't seem to get the big variation during the day that some places in the US experience.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:10 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
I read somewhere, that some BR shooters adjusted their loads dependent on the atmospheric conditions, or perhaps it was humidity, elevation, or some such.
Maybe that's why I never got "into" BR shooting - to complicated for me.

Yes I adjusted my charges for elevation, temp and humidity, in that order of importance. Those had a much bigger effect on velocity of a load than a .1 change in the weight of the same volume of powder, and honestly, I have never seen the weight change by more than .03 from day to day on the same volume, if you are throwing consistently.