Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-12-2022, 07:08 PM

Default CZ 600 recall

I read a short article in Sporting Classic Daily's bulletin, that CZ is recalling a whole bunch of their new 600 rifles, over a issue with barrels not being installed correctly and serious damage could occur upon firing.

They should have kept the 527 line up, it has worked just fine for years.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:50 PM

The whole 600 thing doesn't do a thing for me. I had plans to pick up a few more 527s in the coming years. This leaves CZ/BRNO w/o having a rifle for Hornet based cartridges for the first time in many decades. At least since ~1968. The 600 is totally unsuited to magazine feeding rimmed cartridges.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHasty View Post
The whole 600 thing doesn't do a thing for me. I had plans to pick up a few more 527s in the coming years. This leaves CZ/BRNO w/o having a rifle for Hornet based cartridges for the first time in many decades. At least since ~1968. The 600 is totally unsuited to magazine feeding rimmed cartridges.
I have no opinion on the 600 series as of yet, as I have not seen one or handled one, to form or give any opinion on how they will work, feed or be used as a loaner base, as the 527 was.
But having and owner more than one of the 527 is various calibers, I do know they were and are fine rifles.
Maybe, in time the 600 will prove to be also.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:40 AM

I just hope CZ- USA doesn't go down the same path as
Remington.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:18 PM

Ruger isn’t much better

Last edited by JDHasty; 05-13-2022 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:34 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHasty View Post
Ruger isn’t much better
Thanks for the heads up, Bill.

I'm curious. What is Ruger doing wrong?

Has anyone here actually seen a 600 in person?

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 05-14-2022, 12:39 AM

[quote=Bayou City Boy;303335]Thanks for the heads up, Bill.

I'm curious. What is Ruger doing wrong?

That is a good question, in that Ruger sells some many rifles and handguns and they are all very good one's.
Just the little old 10-22 is one great little small game/plinking rifle.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:50 AM

They aren’t the company they were when Bill Ruger was running it.

They have replaced the 77/22 with just another ho hum bolt action 22. They offer the 77/17 in 22 Hornet only with a barrel too short to be of much utility. If you want to order a No 1 you can get it in 7x57 or 6.5C and that’s it. I’m all about the 10/22 offerings, but it took me a year and a half to finally get a 31114 Compact Youth for my daughter and then a full two additional years to get a second one for my son. I had been asking weekly and everybody had them on order, but they never shipped and I was not about to buy a scalped one on GB. I also talked to distributors and they told me the same. I will say that I didn’t have any problem getting a 11165 though and it is very nice.

So they run hot and cold with me. I do admire their selection of revolvers. I bought a Single Seven and it is a dandy.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:55 AM

First in sticking to the OP's original post the fact that the new model 660 CZ rifle will no longer be a switch barrel (unless the barrels swapped by an authorized smith) rifle would seem to me be a pretty large set back. The barrel swap option was pretty highly touted in their advertisements. This will probably be more of an effect to the European market than here in the states though. I'm one of the people who will forever miss the little 527's, but I doubt this will change anything about the loss. The last Ruger I purchased was one of the Blackhawk revolvers in 327 Federal. This was about 2012. It's my understanding Ruger pays by the piece work. My Blackhawk didn't make 100 rounds before the transfer bar broke where the dog leg shift is on the bar. Ruger sent me another transfer bar without any problem they've always been good with customer service. When installing the transfer bar, I noticed that the hammer casting wasn't completely filled out on the hammer bottom. It seems like things that shouldn't be acceptable are now slipping thru the system at Ruger. For more than a decade now the gun industry has been going full tilt and able to sell pretty much whatever they can produce. I'm hoping things settle down a bit and marketplace completion begins to mean companies pay attention to the details. It's not just a Ruger problem either.
Old 05-14-2022, 11:43 PM

I had to send my Single Seven back to Ruger because the base pin was jumping. The trigger was also like dragging a chain over a right angle. Came back perfect on both issues. So they will and do respond to issues.

The 10/22 rifles I’ve bought were fine. I bought a Target model at the Cabela’s store and I really can’t find any issues with it whatsoever. Wasn’t shopping for one, but walked in and they had six sitting there on the rack for $279 and I picked one up and took it over to the firearms counter to get the paperwork done and the department manager damn near fell over. He had given an employee a piece of paper and pointed to a buggy with them in it and told him to price them and put them out. The buggy he was pointing at was sitting right next to it. He sold me one, but begged off on selling me the other five. What was really cool is I bid on a “Nitrex scope NIB” sight unseen and could not get any questions answered on it and thought that worst case I had bought a 3-9x40. I got it for $65 and had no idea what I had bought. It turned out to be a silver 4-16 TR1 with fine cross hairs and dot and the rifle is stainless in a brown laminate stock. The scope sat here for two months because I really didn’t have a use for it until I saw those 10/22 Target models sitting there.

The 11165 had a so so trigger and I put a BX trigger in it and it is a beautiful Altamont stocked tack driver. Both of the above will hold 1/2 inch at fifty yards with Mini Mag HP.

The 31114s? What can you say other than for an auto loading 22 LR for kids, they are head and shoulders above anything else on the market… if you can manage to actually take delivery on one.

Last edited by JDHasty; 05-15-2022 at 02:20 PM.