Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-14-2018, 05:47 PM

Default Sako Vixen, without markings on action?

Have you ever seen a Sako AI/L461 action without markings on it?

I have just seen photos of rifle I might purchase, a Single shot Vixen action, but there seem to be no markings on the left side of the action?

It looks factory blued, but no writing or serial nr on the left side.

It has the Sako dovetails..
Old 06-15-2018, 12:57 AM

Sako provided the actions for a number of rifles imported and branded under different names, such as Colt, H&R, Marlin, Ithaca, etc.

That said I guess it is possible for a unstamped receiver made by Sako, BUT the value would be less compared to a Sako factory rifle. Based on observation, the previously mentioned rifles sell at a discount to the same rifle labeled Sako. Even if the action is stamped Sako, but rifle carries additional markings of the importer/distributor then the rifle trades lower.

Last edited by Oso Polaris; 06-15-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:47 AM
Supporting Member

Had an L57 made for Monkey Wards, .243 with a micro groove barrel made by Marlin I believe. That action did have a s/n and may have said Sako on it. I also have a Dickson Howa Golden Bear, with Sako dovetails, fits in an L61R stock, and in every kind of light I can put it in the bluing is the same as an L61R. And I have a Browning Safari grade .222. No dovetails, but it's a Sako.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:33 AM

Strange... The barrel on it is a 222 Varmint barrel, marked Sako, Made in Finland. I could not see anything written on the action, and it has the characteristic "plum" colored, so its not refinished.

I has a regular factory floor plate, but a true single shot, a hunting trigger, with a knurled bolt handle.

My two other Single shot actions, AI & AII has markings on the side, "unormal floor plates", target triggers, and a smooth and longer bolt handle.

The "mounts" a push fit.. so easy to take of. Not drilled into action.