Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 02-15-2018, 05:28 PM

Default For sale or trade... Cooper 21 .17 M4

I have a Cooper model 21 in .17Mach 4 I would like to trade or sale.
Included with the rifle will be all the brass both formed and non formed .221 Fireball brass. Factory ammo, Redding forming dies, Redding Deluxe die set and Redding FL die set.
The rifle has shot several coyotes. It has a couple handling marks/gun cabinet bumps and one small scratch. Rifle has never been rapid fired or seen a prairie dog hunt. 99 percent of the rounds fired were during load development. So it has not been shot much.
I bought the rifle from someone on Saubier.com/here in late 2004. It was brand new unfired when I bought it. My load development started January 2005. The rifle has not been fired since 2006 that I can remember.
I know I seen 450-500 pieces of new unfired 221 brass in a box.

I have a bunch of pictures I can send so PM me your cell or email and I will bump your way. In the meantime I知 going to try and figure out how to post pictures. Will post pictures ASAP.
Rifle will need to be sent to a ffl from a non ffl. I do not have the original box. My wife threw it away and a bunch more when we moved into our new home 11 or 12 years ago.
Interested in trading for a mountain rifle for elk hunting or sell for $1450.00.

Last edited by randy merta; 04-16-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:19 PM

Old 02-16-2018, 01:38 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ae35gunner

Randy...check your PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:42 PM

For some reason I cannot get the other pictures posted here.
In addition the Leupold 12x scope with bow spray paint on it is not part of the deal. I use it for load development at my backyard range.

Last edited by randy merta; 02-16-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:34 PM

So I got a few scope offers to trade but no trade occurred. I still have the rifle sitting in the cabinet. I bought a scope for my Sendero and have it dialed in.

So now that I知 becoming a western hunter I need a mountain rifle for elk and mule deer hunting. Now that I知 retired I have the time to go anywhere and hunt.
I知 willing to trade the above Cooper for a comparable priced light weight mountain rifle. Caliber?
I can send photos to your cell of my rifle. My rifle is really a tack driver and a thrill to shoot.

Thanks
Randy
Old 04-12-2018, 02:10 PM

If you are going to be a western hunter keep your 17 for shooting ground squirrels and PDs, you will get a lot more shooting and besides that you don't have to gut them out or eat them.

shooting big game you may get one or two shots on your hunt and then your hunt is done, shooting varmints you can literally get hundreds of shots per day.

drover

Last edited by drover; 04-12-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:11 AM

Default Squeeks?

Heck yeah, keep it and shoot'em up!!!
I'd rather shoot than hunt any day.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:30 AM

I bought this rifle for hunting prairie dogs and ground hogs along with coyotes . We don稚 have the ground hogs like we used to and I never made it out west to prairie dog hunt. I got several other rifles that would work for out west vermin hunting. I will be honest I have quite a few rifles that I bought over the years that I have never done anything with them. I知 streamlining my operation.
I知 actually trying to talk my wife into moving out west somewhere. We loved when our daughter worked in Denver. We got to go out there and expand our horizons. I hunted in Arizona several years ago and loved the western lifestyle. I have told my wife we need to vacation out west more. I知 trying to sell her the healthy atmosphere but she keeps bringing up winter blizzards and such.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:52 PM

I have been asked what I would sell the rifle and components for straight out. I値l take $1450.00 for the rifle and everything that is listed above. Actually anything 17 Mach IV related that I have. I can send pictures to cell or email.
Thanks
Randy
Old 04-17-2018, 01:25 AM

Hi Randy, I have a beautiful Sako FINNBEAR chambered in 264 Win Mag. It is an early Pre Garcia model with Bofors Steel. Polished blue, 24" standard weight barrel with Sako rings. It's been sitting in the safe for decades. Let me know if you are interested.