Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Big Game

Old 01-09-2016, 04:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter
Default small caliber (not), for deer

460 xvr s&w, 3200 bushnell elite 2-6 scopemay tri it for deer this fall. anyone shoot one of these?

Old 01-09-2016, 04:51 AM
Supporting Member

Love the pointed bullets, but surprised the cylinder is long enough for those rounds.

I enjoy full loads in my Dan Wesson 44 hand cannon, wishing I didn't sell the 357 superman 20 years ago.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:06 PM

a 2.5" 410 shell will almost chamber in the cylinder. factory loads with the pointed bullets ar 200 gr hornady at 2300 fps.

in missouri you're not allowd to have a firearm while archery hunting except if you are a ccw carrier. could you just imagine the game wardens facial expression when you unzip your coat and he gets an eye full of that baby?
Old 02-10-2016, 10:29 AM
Supporting Member

I might suggest a bit overkill on Cervid however I've carried a .458 Winchester Magnum already in the deer woods as a "just because I could" thing. .357 Magnum does well for them when using the correct bullet, shot placement and range caveats. JMHO 😉
Old 02-11-2016, 01:14 PM

How do you like that holster? Galco right? I've been looking for something a bit more sophisticated than the Uncle Mikes suitcase I've got for my Scoped 7 1/2" Super Blackhawk Hunter. I know they aren't cheap but it looks like a nice crossdraw bandoleer rig.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:07 PM

Default Small Caliber not

I've shot one of these and a 500 S&W. The muzzle break is a huge deal on these guns. A guy at my range had both of them. He wasn't doing very well. I was watching him along with one of my shooting friends. We both told him he was flinching which he denied. So he offer for my friend and I to shoot it. I took him up on the offer. First shot dead on 1 inch below the bull second shot bull dead center. I set the gun down and let my friend take a couple shots with very close to the same results. He asked if we want to shoot a couple more so we said yes. My friend reloaded the gun while I distracted him. Then we changed our mind and said no you go ahead but careful your guns loaded.

The guy picked up his gun and his first shot hit 2 feet low between the legs of his target stand. Next shot did the same. Then came the part we had planned for the empty cylinder. He pulled the trigger and his flinch was so bad the gun must have moved a foot. We ribbed him pretty soundly about how the recoil was so bad on those silent rounds.

A month latter he sold them both. When you're going to get one of these big guns always shoot one first before you tie your money up in it.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhunter View Post
460 xvr s&w, 3200 bushnell elite 2-6 scopemay tri it for deer this fall. anyone shoot one of these?

I had a 629 44 mag w/o break and can say don't forget your hearing protection. Even in the woods it was load. The main problem I had was target acquisition with a 2x7 burris on it. Good luck this fall.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:52 AM

Default Safety

Just remember not to put your support hand at the front of the cylinder. The muzzle blast around the cylinder will cost a finger.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:54 AM

traded it away for a Kimber rifle, not really a pistolero. was kind of fun to shoot with 45 long colt.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:37 AM

Talking

You traded UP!!! dedogs