Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-17-2018, 12:55 PM

Default Shooting range trash

I was just watching the news and out in the black hills there is a place where people shoot and they leave trash everywhere. Bottles cans tv’s ect. We have a small range here where I live and it’s the same way. I’ve cleaned it up myself a couple times and completely filled a dumpster. I don’t understand why people do this crap. It only hurts our shooting sport. If you take something out and shoot it up when you are done pick it up and throw it away. Just a rant I guess.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklong View Post
I was just watching the news and out in the black hills there is a place where people shoot and they leave trash everywhere. Bottles cans tv’s ect. We have a small range here where I live and it’s the same way. I’ve cleaned it up myself a couple times and completely filled a dumpster. I don’t understand why people do this crap. It only hurts our shooting sport. If you take something out and shoot it up when you are done pick it up and throw it away. Just a rant I guess.
Hey, good rant. Don't feel bad, it's everywhere, even on private club ranges with multiple cameras on the firing line. Some people just don't give a ***T.
At one club where I belong, BIG SIGN says paper or off to the side, steel and hanging bowling pins. Christmas week, a guy is hanging Christmas balls on the backer board. Go figure. Club with cameras, same deal. Christmas week, wine bottles on top of the backers, 50 yard range, ARs and glass all over the place. Idiots abound in all forms of recreation including guns.

Last edited by Hog Patrol; 07-17-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Banned

Default Trash

I got one better than that !!! Some jerk took his all glass top kitchen table out to our range and blasted it with must have been some type of AR! There's glass everywhere! Bad thing about it to was he left the rest of the table! He didn't take it home
Old 07-17-2018, 01:30 PM

Unfortunately, it's an all to common story. I'm not sure if it's due to people being lazy, stupid, or oblivious. Likely a combination of all three.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:30 PM
Supporting Member

Same out here on BLM land. We're in a Catch-22. We need to keep the number of shooters up, but at the same time we need to give up the bad element among us.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:08 PM

Default Ranges and shooting areas closed

Had a private range at home, let people come shoot even when I wasn't home. Came home to computers, broken glass bottles and trash scattered over range. Closed to public that day. Took days to clean up the mess, still find broken glass years later. Most of the places to shoot around home are closed to public now. 60 miles one way to nearest public range. People trashing places is reason they are usually closed. Folks don't want bottles broke and trash scattered all over their yard but think nothing of trashing someone else's place. Public or private range if you use it, help take care of it. When you see someone trashing a place say something, if they don't clean it up get a tag number and turn them in.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:08 PM
Supporting Member

"people being lazy, stupid, or oblivious"
ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! It's a society thing!!
Typical reply? It's not my job!! I didn't put it there so why should I pick it up?
Big staging area up on the mountain on BLM land. Small shooting range.
Three dump truck loads of shot up TVs, empty propane bottles, ankle deep shot gun hulls. Empty ammo boxes. Trash everywhere.
Brand new shooting bench on fire. Still burning when I got there early in the AM. And the only reason I was there was because our "private" range was closed for the day for berm cleaning day.
2 newly built toilets run over and broken by a BIG 4 X 4. And we wonder why there's no place to shoot????
Our private range/club is spotless. Everybody picks up their and other folks trash.

Look around you. Trash all along the roads and highways. Got folks in jail that use to go out and clean up the trash. Not any more. It would be against their Constitutional rights.
Folks can't even be bothered to put shopping carts back in the return area if they're 15 feet away. Too far to walk? I guess it's OK to leave them where you park your car? Society needs an ENEMA!! I'll go to my room now.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:20 PM

I agree, this is too prevalent at our ranges and in our society, and will only continue until we start confronting these folks and are consistent about it. Too few of us take the initiative to report or confront these folks.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:50 PM

Not a quick fix but those of us who have kids need to teach them respect and how to take care of the out doors that we appreciate it. Get their friends involved. A lot of my generation refuse to have kids or only have one because of how bad society is getting. My father told me good people need to have children and plenty of them. Balance out the bad and be an example to others. Other parents think I'm a hard ass, but I love my kids and want them to be responsible God fearing members of society. To many people let their kids rule the roost and your shooting ranges are destroyed along with our society as a result of bad parenting and absent fathers.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 07-17-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260Ackley View Post
Not a quick fix but those of us who have kids need to teach them respect and how to take care of the out doors that we appreciate it. Get their friends involved. A lot of my generation refuse to have kids or only have one because of how bad society is getting. My father told me good people need to have children and plenty of them. Balance out the bad and be an example to others. Other parents think I'm a hard ass, but I love my kids and want them to be responsible God fearing members of society. To many people let their kids rule the roost and your shooting ranges are destroyed along with our society as a result of bad parenting and absent fathers.

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner.