Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 03-20-2011, 04:37 AM

Smile .224 swaging dies

Howdy my name is Derek looking for a set to buy but not corbon
Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 AM

Default Trying To Have Others Answer Bullet Making Threads

But you asked a good question and I'm here to help. Current manufacturers of 22 cal bullet swaging dies in no particular order are Niemi, Detsch, Blackmon, Ulrich, Corbin and some I don't know that are perfectly fine. I don't do links well so some others can help you those.

Some used swaging die sets worth mentioning are Rorschach, Simonson, and Detsch. Other used without the household name are B&A, Pindell, Baylin and others. The current manufacture dies are around used and a good buy also. Twenty-two caliber bullet swaging die sets and their resultant cutting edge accuracy used to be the flagship of the bullet making industry, still are in some ways. Six mm carbide die sets are the hot ones in short range benchrest and for long range 600-1000 Varminting/target work, superior quality core swaging die sets are now available in many diameters, thus .20, .17. .14 and those above .22 cal. Thirty caliber swaging dies developed by such industry giants like Ferris Pindell, Arvie Martin, both of Sierra, Speer, Hornady and Barnes joined with other legendary machinists to give us aerospace quality swaging dies some with carbide inserts in the core seating and point-up dies for target and hunting work. So, their are many sets of not currently used 22 cal dies whether steel dies or steel/carbide. The hunt is on for the die sets.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Last edited by Stephen Perry; 04-03-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 PM

Out of curiousity, why did you eliminate Corbin from your choices? I have made bulletsusing dies from both Richard and Dave Corbin without any complaints.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Perry View Post
But you asked a good question and I'm here to help. Current manufacturers of 22 cal bullet swaging dies in no particular order are Niemi, Detsch, Blackmon, Ulrich, and some I don't know that are perfectly fine. I don't do links well so some others can help you those.

Some used swaging die sets worth mentioning are Rorschach, Simonson, and Detsch. Other used without the household name are B&A, Pindell, Baylin and others. The current manufacture dies are around used and a good buy also. Twenty-two caliber bullet swaging die sets and their resultant cutting edge accuracy used to be the flagship of the bullet making industry, still are in some ways. Six mm carbide die sets are the hot ones in short range benchrest and for long range 600-1000 Varminting/target work, superior quality core swaging die sets are now available in many diameters, thus .20, .17. .14 and those above .22 cal. Thirty caliber swaging dies developed by such industry giants like Ferris Pindell, Arvie Martin, both of Sierra, Speer, Hornady and Barnes joined with other legendary machinists to give us aerospace quality swaging dies some with carbide inserts in the core seating and point-up dies for target and hunting work. So, their are many sets of not currently used 22 cal dies whether steel dies or steel/carbide. The hunt is on for the die sets.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR
Stephen

I have never heard of the some of the folks that you mentioned. Would you happen to have contact information for them. I am in the market for a set of 30 caliber dies myself and would love to get in contact with them.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:41 AM

Default corbon dies

there is not a thing wrong with corbon just way out of my price.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeereboy24 View Post
there is not a thing wrong with corbon just way out of my price.
Corbin are probably the cheapest out there. Check with Shooters Corner for a used set of dies. Try posting on 6mmbr and benchrest.com also. Someone may be getting out of making bullets.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:25 AM

Larry Blackmon is probably the cheapest for a good set of dies. I think you can get a set of dies and his press for $600 or he can convert some reloading presses to use his dies. He used to make dies to fit an unmodified reloading press in 22 caliber.

His email is leblackmon@colla.com

If you want send me you email and I can forward you his flyer in PDF form.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:26 PM

Default Blackmon flyer

If you don't mind, could you also send me one of his flyers in PDF? My email is: garyfry3661ATyahooDOTcom. Replace letters in CAPS with appropriate symbols.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 PM

Gary, flyer has been sent.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Supporting Member

No dog in this fight, but to anyone interested.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com...21#Post1886521