Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-01-2017, 12:30 AM

May God bless you Steve and your family. Prayers for you at this difficult time.

Thank you Doug,
Ken in MN
Old 03-01-2017, 12:46 AM

Prayers sent.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:47 AM

Prayers are sent from Ardis and I.

Lowell

Quote by THOMAS JEFFERSON
Old 03-01-2017, 01:17 AM
Supporting Member

Prayer taken care of.
Michael.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:54 AM

I don't know Steve, but enjoy reading his posts and hope he can come through this.
Prayers will be offered up.
Ken.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:23 AM
Supporting Member

I should add that last night Steve explained the procedure that involved his getting some advanced chemo today and them finishing the process tomorrow I believe. Because of his reaction they won't be able to do as planned and will have to come up with another approach. It saddens me greatly after all this brave man has been through he is back to the infernal waiting, that was the worst of it IMO, for the both us as far as that goes. I pray too that they come up with a quick and fruitful plan. So his Dr is still looking for options, my prayers are with him as well. Looking forward to seeing Steve and his wife out here for the river float we been planning.
God speed my friends.
Doug
Old 03-01-2017, 04:47 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

and here it sounded like he was getting better just a couple weeks ago.
He needs all the support we can send him.
Might be good to contact Sicero and find out what the new meds he's been taking that has extended his stay among us the past few years. Might be something Steve's doc's haven't tried.
Best to him and family, thanks for letting us know Doug.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 03-01-2017, 10:58 AM

Prayers sent up for Stevo and his Wife and those treating him.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:02 AM

Default Prayers do work!

Keep the faith Stevo.More prayers have been sent your way.I know it can be tough,but never give up and thank God for your wife as she comforts you during this tough time.God Bless you and your family.
Matt
Old 03-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Supporting Member

Yesterday I was given a new experimental medicine. The first dose was a test dose were as I had a reaction. Hard to breath, rushing feeling, heart pounding, and blood pressure spiking. It was unpleasant to say the least. But after stopping the medicine they got my blood pressure back down and all back to normal. After awhile the Nurse came in and said she had not given me any precautionary medicines that would have stopped a reaction because it was a study. She assured me with the high dose of Steroids it would stop any reactions but she was waiting for the doctors to decide weather to proceed. At his point they have moved me from a private room into a large room with a bunch of other patients receiving Chemo.

The Nurse then came in and said after speaking with the doctors the decision was left up to me. If I wanted to proceed they would administer the Steroids and give me the Medicine. I talked it over with my wife and we decided this was really my only option. The nurse had said the steroids would stop any reaction. So we decided to do it.

They started by giving me high doses of Steroids and some other medicine. Then at 9:15 they started the Experimental Medicine.

By 9:20 I was fighting for my life. I felt it coming and yelled to them to stop the medicine. They all ran over and stopped it but all hell broke loose My body started to swell and turn red. They gave me more steroids. My heart started pounding 140 beats a minute and my blood pressure spike through the roof. I could still talk and called for my wife. An emergency team came rushing in and surrounded me. Monitors were being stuck on me and clothes cut off. I could barely breath and now could not talk as the Code Blue was signaled. They stuck the Paddle Pads on my chest and the doctor leaned over and whispered to me "If you want to go just go, don't suffer". Then I felt someone take my hand and I heard my wife's voice. She said "Fight baby fight". I looked up and she had my Dog Tags gripped in her hand. I had been wearing those tags for over 40 years for luck. I fought to breath, I fought to slow my heart, I fought to stop shaking. Then I looked and saw a doctor with one of those big needles full of Adrenaline they stick in your Heart. He gave me the entire thing. Then I started feeling better. I could breath and I heard someone say the pressure is coming down. I fought even harder. The doctor said can you hear me. I said yes. My wife was crying and I told her I would be OK.

I once again have slipped from the grip of the Grim Reaper. I am the epitome of when the going gets tough the tough get going. My birthday is the 4th and I want Cake god darn it.

Somehow I talked them into letting me come home. At one part of that entire thing my wife said I was out. I don't remember it. But I feel pretty good this morning. Who knows what they have planned for me next. They came up with some sort of plan and I have to go see them next week.

At least they know now that this new medicine can kill. I may save someone else's life. I don't think I will be signing up for any more Study's soon.

Thank you all for your Prayers and well wishes.

Your friend,

Steve

Last edited by Stevo; 03-01-2017 at 01:19 PM.