Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-23-2020, 09:18 PM
Supporting Member

Default Memorial weekend Thanks

To all of you who served, your family members who have served, please accept my heartfelt "thank you" for your service.

I know this is Memorial day weekend, for those we have lost, but it is never too often or loudly that I (we) give thanks to those we can still thank in person ( or as close to).

Thank you

Allen
Old 05-23-2020, 10:08 PM

Comment appreciated, Hemi. I think a lot of us who served and survived feel pretty bad about the state of affairs our beloved country is in right now, at least I have thought more than once "I served for THIS?" Tell ya what, this old fart would take up arms again in a heartbeat if I were certain things could be made right, even if it meant being cannon fodder or a permanent KP.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

I've thought how great it could have been
to of become a sniper. Just think of the extra
varmint shooting we could have done.

Could never had made it though due to all the other
crap they have to go thru besides the shooting.
Shooting is all I'd want to do of course.

Too late now. Glad I joined though. Turned out to be
one of the best three decisions I've ever made.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 05-24-2020, 02:46 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ae35gunner

I am thankful to have had the privilege to serve the wonderful citizens of this beautiful, exceptional country that I love with all my heart for 20+ years in the US Navy. And, even though America may have its problems, they are typically created by certain self serving politicians, and we are still able to correct those at the ballot box...although there are some who want to change those rules too.
While it is easy to lose faith in those who may govern or represent us, I will NEVER turn my back on my country. A big "Thank You" to all of you who serve now, or have ever served our nation, in whatever capacity it may have been. We are ALL Americans, regardless of our differences. Let that fact govern our politics, our votes, our thoughts, and our actions FOREVER. God bless the USA!!
Old 05-24-2020, 02:55 PM

The Old Republic will always be good. It is the politicians in power that make it bad and want to change and abolish many of the Rights in the Bill of Rights and also remove the meaning behind the U.S. Constitution, by not supporting All the Amendments and meanings put there by our Fore Father's when they drew up and put them into place.
And this Memorial time, is one to reflect and show honor to those that died believing in them also, not a time to praise honor to the living.
There is another holiday and time for honoring the living. So let's keep that in mind at this time and give Thanks to the one's that gave it all. Bill K
Old 05-24-2020, 11:57 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
And this Memorial time, is one to reflect and show honor to those that died believing in them also, not a time to praise honor to the living.
There is another holiday and time for honoring the living. So let's keep that in mind at this time and give Thanks to the one's that gave it all. Bill K
Thanks for the reminder Bill

My posting was inspired by the holiday, (which is tomorrow) and it reminded me it's about time to share my thanks to those with us.

And to those I was directing my thanks, Again

Thank you for your service.

Allen
Old 05-25-2020, 02:16 PM
Supporting Member

Good post, Allen.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 05-25-2020, 09:51 PM

Don't know how many of you have done so, but along with visiting the VA burial sites in the US, go over to Europe and the Islands and visit the one's, of the US and Allied forces in places like Normandy, Punch Bowl and al the small burial grounds all over France, Belgium, Italy, just name a few and you really will have a very sobering understanding of how many give it all and why we honor them on this Memorial day, but also we think about the one's that made it back home. So many of our fellow man and women did not. Just a thought.
I truly hope many of you did or can do so. Bill K :
Old 05-25-2020, 09:59 PM
Supporting Member

All of the foreign US military cemeteries are sobering to see the lines of crosses extending forever, it seems like.

One specific place that sticks with me the most however is the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii...

On a personal note, my mother lost a childhood friend from Illinois on the Arizona, and seeing his name there on the monument that straddles the sunken body of the ship was pretty astonishing to me for some reason. All I knew about him was what I had heard about him from my Mother. They were in middle school together.

JMO - BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 05-25-2020 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:13 PM

Yes the Arizona memorial is a must see. There are so many all around, that are all very sobering and should be visited, if you are able to do so. Even the one's I have seen once or twice, I just have to return too, if in the area on vacations of visiting family in other parts of the world. Bill K

What is also sobering and many don't even see or think about them, is the very small one's in the country side of various places that the military, but also the locals have in place and care for. Even the one's were local's who helped the allies are buried, where the German's, mostly, shot and killed them.
Then also the Unknown Soldier memorial in Wash.

Last edited by Bill K; 05-25-2020 at 11:16 PM.