Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-21-2020, 11:46 PM

I have a 10oz Jard in my Model 21, excellent product and allows the full potential of the rifle to be realised, plenty accurate for paper and fur.

Last edited by Loc 1849; 11-22-2020 at 12:04 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 11-22-2020, 04:50 AM

I have a Jard in my Sako S491 and like it a lot. Seems to be well made.

Pete
Old 11-22-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwk View Post
For anyone interested, this is not a plug and play deal. The stock has to be modified to accommodate the safety lever. In addition to that, the jewell will only fit pre 2005-06 coopers. All my pre 2006 coopers have Jewells, otherwise I would be taking you up on that offer. The Jard is junk IMO.
Details please. Why is the Jard trigger junk? I've been lusting after a Jard set trigger for my Remington. Been thinking of it as a Christmas present for myself
Old 11-22-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
Details please. Why is the Jard trigger junk? I've been lusting after a Jard set trigger for my Remington. Been thinking of it as a Christmas present for myself
Wonder that myself, if he cares to give a explanation of his opinion. I and several shooting buddy's have them, and they work great. Adjust just fine and hold the setting.
And if you need help, the company gives it, very freely.
Another decent trigger is also the various models from Rifle Basix. Bill K
Old 11-22-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch_hound View Post
I’m looking for some help. I recently purchased a very early model 21 Cooper in
17 Mach IV. The fella I purchased the gun from just offered to let me purchase the original Jewel trigger that came with the gun. I would like some idea of what a fair price for it would be? He didn’t include it with the gun to begin with because he says it’s been modified and he feels that it is unsafe. Does anyone know if I were to send it back to Jewel would they check it out for safety and repair it as needed? Has anyone here had any experience dealing with Jewel on any matters similar to this?
Thanks to all who can offer any information that will help.
I would be curious to know what trigger is in it now? dedogs
Old 11-27-2020, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
There is a wide tolerance on the machining of their triggers. In order to change trigger pull, you have to change out a spring. If you get a certain pull weight spring from them, it doesn’t guarantee the desired and designated pull.
You just don’t know what you will get.

The Cooper Jewells(1st gen), are not only a work of art, when the trigger is adjusted properly, they break
like glass, and adjust from around an ounce+ to 3+ lbs of pull. There are very few triggers that can do this. The only downsides are rarity, no part availability, and cost.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwk View Post
There is a wide tolerance on the machining of their triggers. In order to change trigger pull, you have to change out a spring. If you get a certain pull weight spring from them, it doesn’t guarantee the desired and designated pull.
You just don’t know what you will get.

The Cooper Jewells(1st gen), are not only a work of art, when the trigger is adjusted properly, they break
like glass, and adjust from around an ounce+ to 3+ lbs of pull. There are very few triggers that can do this. The only downsides are rarity, no part availability, and cost.

i would like to know more about 1st gen next gen??
thanks
kerry

ps sent you a PM
Old 12-01-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
[/color]

i would like to know more about 1st gen next gen??
thanks
kerry

ps sent you a PM
Just in case anybody else that is interested, I’ll post this here.

The 1st gen Jewell is a unicorn, and a super great trigger. It fits pre 2006 era coopers. In 2006 cooper dropped the offset mounting points, and that is why they don’t fit post 2006 rifles.

The 2nd gen is a Rem 700 style that was made for the Model 92. It fits some newer Model 52/56, but you have to check the bottom of the receiver to be sure. This trigger is also discontinued, as there were problems between Cooper and Jewell(again).
Old 12-02-2020, 12:13 AM

I have one of the unicorn 1st Gen triggers. I call it a 5 screw. It's on a Model 36 IR 50/50. The thing adjusts easily and breaks like no other trigger. I am also looking at purchasing a 6BR Varminter that has a 1st Gen Jewell in it as well.