Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-17-2017, 03:53 AM
Supporting Member

Default Sako Experts help needed!

A gentleman that I recently purchased a L461 Deluxe in 222 from just contacted me and said that he has a Model 75 in 375 H&H that has only been fired 8 times for sale. I do not have the expertise to price them. If any has knowledge of the value of one or would like to be put in touch with him let me know. I will stick with the "smaller" calibers!
Thanks \,
Rider
Old 11-17-2017, 04:26 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Tell him to get on the site:

BlueBookGunValues.com

Should be worth around $1600 fairly easy

Shucks, that's a DANDY prairie dog caliber!!
Yeah, we've done it!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 11-17-2017, 06:36 AM

I'd suggest you post this question on the Sako Collectors Club forum:

http://sakocollectors.com/forum/

There are lots of real Sako experts there, and they'll be able to give you an opinion on that rifle.

As it happens, there's a Sako 75 in .375 H&H for sale on that forum at the moment. The asking price is $1100. Said to have very few rounds through it. Could be the same rifle.

http://sakocollectors.com/forum/thre...-magnum.12707/
Old 11-17-2017, 07:22 AM

It may sell but that's way too much for a 75 unless it has extras with it.

BTW, congratulations on that deluxe 222, they are super nice. Has it got real pretty blonde wood? We need pictures of a beauty.

Jim D
SE Texas

Last edited by Swift220; 11-17-2017 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
Tell him to get on the site:

BlueBookGunValues.com

Should be worth around $1600 fairly easy

Shucks, that's a DANDY prairie dog caliber!!
Yeah, we've done it!
The Blue Book is the worst place to get values for Sakos. They can barely get the models right or listed properly & their "pricing" is no where near reality.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Pender View Post
I'd suggest you post this question on the Sako Collectors Club forum:

http://sakocollectors.com/forum/

There are lots of real Sako experts there, and they'll be able to give you an opinion on that rifle.

As it happens, there's a Sako 75 in .375 H&H for sale on that forum at the moment. The asking price is $1100. Said to have very few rounds through it. Could be the same rifle.

http://sakocollectors.com/forum/thre...-magnum.12707/
I think you will find that most members on the SCC are reluctant to do appraisals. I'm a member there & providing free appraisal services is not our purpose. There is nothing that will chill responses more than a first time poster asking "What's it worth?". Values vary depending on many factors, caliber being one. A hunter in Alaska or one going to Africa will probably pay more for a 375 H&H than a guy in the midwest where it's shotgun only for deer & there is no sane need for the magnum. Guns don't have "set" values & merely stating the model, caliber & how many rounds it has had thru it is hardly sufficient info to establish one. The 75's have little, if any, "collector" value, so it's worth is mainly utilitarian. I always say a gun is worth what a willing buyer & a willing seller agree to. Checking the sale/auction sites & looking at "asking" & actual sale prices is the most logical place to start.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hawkeye View Post
I think you will find that most members on the SCC are reluctant to do appraisals. I'm a member there & providing free appraisal services is not our purpose. There is nothing that will chill responses more than a first time poster asking "What's it worth?". Values vary depending on many factors, caliber being one. A hunter in Alaska or one going to Africa will probably pay more for a 375 H&H than a guy in the midwest where it's shotgun only for deer & there is no sane need for the magnum. Guns don't have "set" values & merely stating the model, caliber & how many rounds it has had thru it is hardly sufficient info to establish one. The 75's have little, if any, "collector" value, so it's worth is mainly utilitarian. I always say a gun is worth what a willing buyer & a willing seller agree to. Checking the sale/auction sites & looking at "asking" & actual sale prices is the most logical place to start.
I was thinking of the "Valuation Corner" section of the "General Sako Discussions" subforum of the SCC forum. I've been a member of SCC for a couple of years now and have seen a number of requests for information regarding value posted, with helpful information provided by members.

It goes without saying that value depends on a number of factors, but it can still be useful to ask about value--providing as much information as possible--to folks knowledgeable about the brand. During the time I've been a member of SCC, I've seen a number of helpful threads that deal with value.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:41 PM

Default Sako 375

I am not an expert on them but I have a few small caliber Sakos.
Gunbroker can be a good place to get a sense of price.
In my view, that a gun worth about $1200, unless there is something unique about it.

Last edited by df06; 11-17-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:27 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks for the imput from all. I will pass the info on.
Swift220 I will see if I can figure out the picture thing. It is a beautiful gun. I also recently purchased a Winslow Custom that has nice furniture. I’ll post pictures of both when I can.
Rider