Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-20-2019, 11:36 AM

Default I’ve always wondered why...

We never have seen a 17 grain bullet loaded in the WSM.I think it would be great in a pd town,the best of both worlds so to speak as it would run about 3180fps and possibly tighten up groups in the 9 twist rifles out there.I wonder if the 17grainers are all being reserved for the HMR,either way I am going to try the 15s one day soonHave always thought if CCI joins the 17WSM party and they offered the ole 17 grain bullet as their first loading it would sell amazing.Not that there is anything wrong with 20s mind you
Matt

Last edited by 17VLD; 04-20-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:01 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17VLD View Post
We never have seen a 17 grain bullet loaded in the WSM.I think it would be great in a pd town,the best of both worlds so to speak as it would run about 3180fps and possibly tighten up groups in the 9 twist rifles out there.I wonder if the 17grainers are all being reserved for the HMR,either way I am going to try the 15s one day soonHave always thought if CCI joins the 17WSM party and they offered the ole 17 grain bullet as their first loading it would sell amazing.Not that there is anything wrong with 20s mind you
Matt

Does this mean that you have caved? Details?

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 04-21-2019, 01:09 PM

Default Well...

Let’s just say for now that I am weak.
I do not have much will power at all.
It’s only money after all and all my procrastination was for nothing.The 17WSM is a very fun cartridge and the more people that buy and shoot one may help insure its livelihood
Matt
Old 04-21-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Let’s just say for now that I am weak.
I do not have much will power at all.
It’s only money after all and all my procrastination was for nothing.The 17WSM is a very fun cartridge and the more people that buy and shoot one may help insure its livelihood
Matt
Thanks for "taking one for the team" Matt. I hope you enjoy the 17 WSM as much as I have since its creation.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:05 PM

Default 17 wsm

Quote:
... the more people that buy and shoot one may help insure its livelihood
Matt
I believe I saw somewhere that Browning is now selling the 17 WSM with their brand on the packaging. I don't know who is loading the ammo for them but it is a step in the right direction!

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member
Old 04-21-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Illinois View Post
I believe I saw somewhere that Browning is now selling the 17 WSM with their brand on the packaging. I don't know who is loading the ammo for them but it is a step in the right direction!
Haven't seen any Browning 17 WSM ammo but if there is a Browning label 17 WSM out there, you can just about guarantee it's made by Winchester, just like all the other 17 WSM ammo.

I just looked, Browning appears to have 17 WSM ammo but everything I found was loaded with 25gr boolits.

Last edited by B23; 04-21-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:23 PM

[quote=B23;281009]Haven't seen any Browning 17 WSM ammo but if there is a Browning label 17 WSM out there, you can just about guarantee it's made by Winchester, just like all the other 17 WSM ammo.

Can't find the article, but I read somewhere that all the ammo for the 17WSM is loaded by Winchester and they just put labels on for other makes. Don't know if fully true or not. Bill K
Old 04-23-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminweasil View Post
Thanks for "taking one for the team" Matt. I hope you enjoy the 17 WSM as much as I have since its creation.
The struggle was real,for the longest time I thought that I had no need for the 17WSM as I already had a wonderful CZ 17HMR that can do just about all a fella needs a rimfire to do.I thought if CZ won’t get on board why would I.But like children or pets,how can you not love another one.They may be different but everyone has unique features that we can appreciate if we only give them a chance
Pretty good analogy huh?All kidding aside I am like a lot of people who were on the fence,glad I finally got on board and hope that others do too,in the car business when something new comes along we tend to wait and see how it shakes out.Not sure if I needed to wait so long with this but it certainly was worth it to me.I have always been interested in the way consumers take to a new car or gun chambering and the way advertising plays a roll,some make it some don’t,guess it depends if a true need is really there somewhere,history will tell one day.As I have said before it’s only money and if it brings happiness,why not.
Matt
Old 04-25-2019, 08:50 PM

Default Chucks

Looks like one of the Chucks was this years crop? We are yet to see any youngsters in Southern Idaho. Maybe this weekend?

243 AI is ready to Rock.

Last edited by Stormbringer; 04-25-2019 at 08:54 PM.