Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2018, 03:04 PM

Default Sako Quad Varmint

That would not be issue with me, as I do not shoot rapid fire. One shot, one kill and just keep the mag loaded for a follow up shot, if necessary. Bill K
Old 08-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Supporting Member

I have 3 Quads, one 22 mag and the other 2 in 17HMR. I had read, and decided the 9 round mags work best, and haven't had any problems with the about a dozen my son and I use in the field. I have read if you have a 10 rounder, to only load 9 rounds and they work good, but this may not be 100% true.

2 of ours are the synthetic stocked guns, my most recent is a varmint, all have triggers modified with a lighter spring to about 10 ounces, and all 3 shoot sub 1" at 100 yards, for 5 rounds.

I have a 1517d-HB Annie, with the 5098 2 stage trigger, and I would rather pick up the Quads over the Annie. Better magazines, Annie is a 4 or 5 rounder, but the set trigger is nice but harder to get used to, especially when bench shooting multiple targets from multiple guns due to giving a centerfire a heat break.

I wish I had been interested in them when they blew them out, but as usual I always come to the party too late, lol. I think they were sold around $500 range.

Last edited by hemiallen; 08-05-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Banned

Default Sako

I wish more company's would offer single shots. Or some kind of blank style magazine, or single shot adapter.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Supporting Member

Default Ditto Allen

I was one of the fortunate ones that got in to the Quads when Sako decided to flush the pipeline. When the 4 barrel sets just wouldn't sell, because in their infinite wisdom they were also selling singles, the carnage started. Two distributers stepped in, Mace(4 barrel sets) and.Supo(singles). You could get a 4 barrel synthetic set for 900.00, wood for 1000.00 from Mace or go to GunBroker for the singles from Supo. If you were patient and paying attention you could pick them up for 400.00 and some of the Hunters/wood went for 450.00. I ended up with 4 synthetic's, one of each caliber, and 1 wood Hunter in 22lr. I still have a Finnfire but the Quads give up nothing in performance.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Banned

Default Sako

Quads are one good looking rifle! I love my Rugers, but if I were going to get a high end rimfire it would be a Quad
Old 08-06-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
I was one of the fortunate ones that got in to the Quads when Sako decided to flush the pipeline. When the 4 barrel sets just wouldn't sell, because in their infinite wisdom they were also selling singles, the carnage started. Two distributers stepped in, Mace(4 barrel sets) and.Supo(singles). You could get a 4 barrel synthetic set for 900.00, wood for 1000.00 from Mace or go to GunBroker for the singles from Supo. If you were patient and paying attention you could pick them up for 400.00 and some of the Hunters/wood went for 450.00. I ended up with 4 synthetic's, one of each caliber, and 1 wood Hunter in 22lr. I still have a Finnfire but the Quads give up nothing in performance.
I live less than 2 miles from Mace Sports, I owned three wood stocked models. and 2 synthetic and a lot of barrels, while very nice rifles they just didn't sweep me off my feet. Mine were hand picked for the wood and pretty spectacular in a couple of cases, I slowly sold then off at very nice profits, then my hunting Pal went and had a heart attack and died. Out of his estate came this one with all four barrels.

Plus a spare threaded .17m2 barrel, it's staying...then I came across the subject of this post.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:05 AM

Default Beautiful rifle Gerald....

It looks awesome with the wood stock,mine is an older synthetic stock,but it shoots the 17M2 well.I bought a bunch of ammo for it way back when.If it ever is unobtainable I will get a 22magnum barrel from Lilja.I always wondered if you guys think a 17WSM would work in the Quad,strong enough,firing pin strike,long enough action that kinda thing has been floating around in my mind since the WSM came out.
Matt
Old 08-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Banned

Default Sako

You tube videos Sako quads 22 mag knocking off bunnys out past 200yd!!!