Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-19-2019, 08:43 PM
Supporting Member

Default Yes, I need little encouragement to buy another toy, but....

Yea, all us grown ups just need a scapegoat to our wives, from time to time. Thanks for being "That Guy" Rick

Once I re-found this website a few years ago, the infection started with Jim Saubier's CZ 17 Ah, then 3 -204's before Rick opened my eyes to the less powder/ less heat advantages for Skippy sessions. Then 3- 20 Vartargs ( all Rick's influence, lol) Then the CZ 17HH craze, and the rimfires can't be associated with anyone besides all-Yall's posts.

My Father-in-laws excuse was " all my money spent on rifles ( for skippy), shooting trap and fishing are instead of others habits of smoking and drinking.

Thanks for the report(s) Rick

Allen
Old 04-19-2019, 08:56 PM

I know all our wives would much rather see new rifles coming home with us rather than us coming home late, stinking of a bar, smoke....or worse.

Besides, no one that I'm aware of has gotten into trouble away from home with a rifle on a rat trip. The only girls involved are the girl names for my rifles, or maybe my two Basset Hound girls when they go along (seldom now that mom is retired too).

But Allen, I'll gladly be "that guy"! (You may have exaggerated my rat shooting skills, but I forgive you. You're no slouch either by the way.)

Austin, who do you blame for all your cool toys? Then there's our buddy Doug. With a great gal like Nancy by his side, he doesn't need anyone to blame, like my wife, she "understands".......

Last edited by Rick in Oregon; 04-19-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
I'm not sure why, but all my friends wives try to limit their exposure to me, saying I'm too expensive to hang out with.
Ha! That's funny stuff and I can sorta relate, but I'm on the flip side of that coin.

If you ask me, I always say how very fortunate I am to have my gunsmith/rifle builder, Defensive Edge Rifles, only about 20 minutes from my front door, and anyone who has ever had their gunsmith/rifle builder that close to them knows what a big convenience that is. It can also be a little costly, but a nice convenience nonetheless.

Now, my wife on the other hand has an entirely different opinion and doesn't really seem to see it the same way nor does she see the value in such a convenience. Pffft, whatever, she just doesn't know what she doesn't know.

The one small problem, for my wife, not really me so much, is because they are so close I can easily pop in, talk about an idea for a new build, and before you know it, I've got another new build in the works

But, as my gunsmith friend always says, there are a lot worse things you could spend you money on.

I tease, joke and complain about my wife all the time, we have that kind of banter in our relationship, but like many of you, I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Last edited by B23; 04-19-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:37 AM
Supporting Member

I’m pretty sure that after 38 years of sobriety that to date I spent more money on cocaine, weed, booze and a long list of other illegal drugs than I have on guns... well maybe not now that I think about it??? Either way I would trade one if my worst days in the last 38 for one of the best highs I was chasing in my younger days.

Funny how things work out. My wife almost anti gun lol and I was talking that many times it’s the guns hunting and shooting that brings the kids back home. The thanks goes to the members of Saubier.com!
Old 04-20-2019, 04:39 PM

Rick.....I definitely "married up"
I never get any grief from her. She spoils me
She knows about the saubier crowd though, luckily she is easy to convince when I tell her I found another "dream rifle."

Last edited by Screaminweasil; 04-20-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminweasil View Post
Rick.....I definitely "married up"
I never get any grief from her. She spoils me
Well Austin, I'd just say "aren't we the lucky ones".

Only thing sweeter than a new truck or rifle, is a great wife. Those of us who have one are truly fortunate indeed.

It helps that mine had/has a solid experience in the industry too. Never thought I'd have a wife that could relate all calibers and appropriate bullet weights. Now that's pretty cool!
Old 04-20-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
Well Austin, I'd just say "aren't we the lucky ones".

Only thing sweeter than a new truck or rifle, is a great wife. Those of us who have one are truly fortunate indeed.

It helps that mine had/has a solid experience in the industry too. Never thought I'd have a wife that could relate all calibers and appropriate bullet weights. Now that's pretty cool!

Agree'd!!

My wife is a labor and delivery nurse. She's not too bad at taking good care of me and our two little boys as well.
Nothing better than a good(GREAT) woman.

And, heck yeah that is cool about your wife being "in the know". Heck, mine was a city girl and she still knows more about small calibers than many. She apparently has been listening to me all these years afterall