Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-26-2019, 11:47 AM

Default 20 Caliber 55 grainers

I did not realize these are discontinued until someone said they were on another thread I'm involved with.

I personally love this bullet and bought plenty when I realized what a good fur friendly coyote bullet they are. (others might disagree).

Anyway, about 5 years ago they were hard to come by (maybe even discontinued then to) a good guy on the "Predator Masters" site checked with Bergers and found out that they would make them again if they had an order of at least 100 boxes.

This guy (the good guy) spear headed a "group buy". Several of us placed an order for enough to have them made. If I remember right they were around $5 cheaper than normal price. Not only a good price but of course they were all the same lot number !!!!

No, I'm not going to be the guy in charge !!! And I highly dought Dan B. (the good guy) will either because I think I remember him saying he had a lot of phone and email time in to get this accomplished.

Something to think about.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:16 AM

I contacted Berger when I heard they discontinued this bullet and asked if I could get them to do the same and do a 10,000 lot Bullets run of them and they said no. They are not set up to sell straight to the public. Pretty sad if ya ask me.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:26 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R15reeper View Post
I contacted Berger when I heard they discontinued this bullet and asked if I could get them to do the same and do a 10,000 lot Bullets run of them and they said no. They are not set up to sell straight to the public. Pretty sad if ya ask me.
we did a group buy years ago for .17 caliber 30 grain I personally picked them up and shipped them. They were set up to sell to the public I used to buy J4 jackets directly from them, before they sold out....
Old 03-27-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntngoat View Post
we did a group buy years ago for .17 caliber 30 grain I personally picked them up and shipped them. They were set up to sell to the public I used to buy J4 jackets directly from them, before they sold out....
I guess with new owners, it's a new ballgame.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:09 PM

Reed's bullets, has some decent 20 & 17 caliber bullets in the heavier weights, if your after such.. I have been using some of his 17's and they seem to be working very well. Than another source is Black Hole and Badger Bob, up in Wy. Bill K
Old 03-27-2019, 05:12 PM

I wish someone else would make this bullet or one similar to it.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming Drifter View Post
No part of his business, but Badger Bob ( Bob Vining, 50 Node Rd, Node, Wy 82225 makes a 46.5 grain bullet and some other heavy weights that works very well in my 20 calibers. You might google, check the site for his handle, etc. and see what you think of them. Bill K ( you might even live close to him and be able to landline him)
Old 03-27-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming Drifter View Post
Black hole makes a .20 cal 55gr bullet.

http://www.blackholebullets.com/services.html
Old 03-27-2019, 07:23 PM

Wyoming Drifter...another for what it's worth, but 5 or 6 years ago I did quite a bit of testing with Blaine's (Black Hole bullets) 20 cal 55 gr Rebated Boat Tail Tipped bullet. I shot it out to 500 yds in my 20 BR (9-twist Bartlein). I was shooting at that time out of the Dallas area at less than a 1000' elevation. It shot (3) shot groups in the the mid to high 1's at 100 yds, and I had a couple of groups under 2" at 500 yds. I did notice they shot slightly lower at 500 yds than the 20 cal 55 gr Berger. Accuracy was very comparable to the Berger...giving the Berger a slight edge. I sent Blaine some groups, and he asked for some wind, altitude, temperature, and velocity specs, etc...which I sent to him. If I recall correctly he came up with a B.C. for that bullet of .376. At the time Berger said their 55 gr 20 cal Match Varmint bullet was .381 (they changed that later to .354...but I never knew why). Blaine also commented that his bullet was a good coyote bullet. I never tried it for that, but did shoot a number of Sage Rats out to 5-600 yds, and it actually worked at least as good as the Berger for splat effect. It should make you a good coyote bullet for your new 20 Nosler. If Sherm happens to comment on this thread, he has told me he has had really good groups with Badger Bob's bullets in his 20 BR IMP. I've seen a few of his groups. They are really good! 410gauge

Last edited by 410gauge; 03-27-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:31 AM

That's great. I need to figure out how to contact him. Thank you ! EDIT, I just noticed B23 posted his site. Thank you !

Last edited by Wyoming Drifter; 03-28-2019 at 08:50 AM.