Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-29-2021, 07:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter
Default harrells precision

just wanted to say what a great experience it was to deal with them on a muzzle brake i needed. reminds me of the days when a deal was sealed with a hand shake and you didn't need a lawyer or to count your fingers when you were thru.
great people, highly recommended.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:07 PM

Default Refreshing

isn’t it? When I made my first purchase (the Combo Press??) from them I called with a couple of questions. After answering my questions the gentleman asked for my address saying he was going to send me one. He didn’t want a credit card number - he told me to send them a check if I wanted to keep it after trying it; otherwise I could return it. (He didn’t know me from Adam!). When I asked if conducting business that way didn’t cause them a lot of loss he replied “not nearly as much as you might imagine”.

With them, your word is good. Amazed that anyone is able to do business that way any more. He and his brother are truly gentlemen.

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member
Old 07-30-2021, 01:28 AM

he made me the same offer but i went ahead and paid him with a card. that's why i made the post i did. nice to know there are still folks like him still in this world.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhunter View Post
he made me the same offer but i went ahead and paid him with a card. that's why i made the post i did. nice to know there are still folks like him still in this world.
Is that not the truth, used to be, as mentioned, a hand shake or your word was all that was necessary. Not any longer, most of the time, sad how times and people and companies have changed.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:32 AM

Many years ago they did the same thing with me when I wanted a powder measurer. "Send me a check if you want it or send it back if you don't". It just doesn't come any better than that.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:49 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim barker View Post
Many years ago they did the same thing with me when I wanted a powder measurer. "Send me a check if you want it or send it back if you don't". It just doesn't come any better than that.
I can relate to that Jim, they did the same to me when I phoned them about a powder measure, and he sent it to me in New Zealand...….Kiwi
Old 07-30-2021, 11:12 AM

Some 20 plus years ago, I called Mr. Harrell and ordered a few powde measures for my gun store.....offered to send him a check in advance, he very kindly told me the same thing.....mail me a check if you like them and send them back if you don't.....it was hard to believe 25 years ago, and in today's world, sounds like the Herrell's are still doing it the same way! They are a wonderful illustration of how "things ought to be!" Over the years I sold several of their powder measures. They never allowed me to pay in advance. Great folks!
Steve
Old 07-30-2021, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhunter View Post
just wanted to say what a great experience it was to deal with them on a muzzle brake i needed. reminds me of the days when a deal was sealed with a hand shake and you didn't need a lawyer or to count your fingers when you were thru.
great people, highly recommended.
Did you get a radial brake from them, and was it bored out ready to screw on your rifle???
Old 07-30-2021, 10:58 PM

yes and yes, .020 over size
Old 07-31-2021, 09:56 AM

Thanks foxhunter. I've been eyeing those for a while, just haven't sat down to see what I need to order, etc.. LOL