Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-18-2022, 11:59 PM
Supporting Member

Default OT Probably.............

.....but I'm planning an AR-15 retro project to use a barrel that I've had for probably 20 years. The barrel is a 20" chrome lined chamber and bore NATO 5.56MM HB like used on later full 20" rifles.

Anyway the part that seems to be extinct is an A2 military carry handle upper receiver with the rear sight.

Does any one know where there might be one laying around in good condition? Everywhere I've found them listed they are no longer in stock.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 03-19-2022, 12:27 AM

Maybe try over at AR15.com
Old 03-19-2022, 03:13 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdown View Post
Maybe try over at AR15.com
I had thought about that, but walking in there and asking a question is kin to walking into the Vatican and asking for the numbers in the Pope's personal little black book.

It's sometimes referred to ARF.com for a reason.

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:40 PM

I like A2s also. Mine are keepers, sorry. Two are NATO chambered Wilson military barrels, and the third is a RRA factory 9mm.

For parts, try looking at Sarco, MA Parts and Model One Sales. If I think of any other sources, I will add them to the list.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:08 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
I like A2s also. Mine are keepers, sorry. Two are NATO chambered Wilson military barrels, and the third is a RRA factory 9mm.

For parts, try looking at Sarco, MA Parts and Model One Sales. If I think of any other sources, I will add them to the list.
Thanks. I tried all 3 of them earlier in the week and none in stock. Various parts available but no actual receivers. M1 Sales lists them on their web site but none available with no idea when they might get any.

i may have to put the barrel away and try later...........

-BCB

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 03-19-2022 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:19 PM

BCB: Have you tried going on one of the forums, for AR's and asking or placing a WTB post for one ? Might find one quicker that way.

Messing around, after I posted this, and I see Optics planet is showing some AR carry handle/sights in stock.

Last edited by Bill K; 03-19-2022 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2022, 05:12 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
BCB: Have you tried going on one of the forums, for AR's and asking or placing a WTB post for one ? Might find one quicker that way.

Messing around, after I posted this, and I see Optics planet is showing some AR carry handle/sights in stock.
Lots of bits and pieces to be had, Bill, but I'm looking for a mil-spec A2 upper receiver.

Web sites are my last option before I set the barrel back and put the project on hold. Buying a "treasure" from someone isn't always a good idea. The last thing I want to do is buy a used receiver with stretched threads.

-BCB

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 03-19-2022 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling...........
Old 03-19-2022, 07:09 PM

Default How about here?

https://www.model1sales.com/index.cf...d28614be11ddc0
Old 03-19-2022, 07:18 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb in Pa View Post
I ordered one Monday. Got an email Tuesday telling me that they had none in stock with no idea when the would get any. I called them later about a few other parts and the lady on the phone said they haven't had any "for a long time" with no idea when they would get any, if ever.........

-BCB

Old 03-19-2022, 07:21 PM

I haven’t seen any around here in a while and we used to be swimming in them. Aero Precision was here in Tacoma for a long time and blems were everywhere.