Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-04-2020, 03:01 PM

Default OT Tax stimulus advice

Important Tax Advice/Economic Stimulus
Sometime this year, we taxpayers will likely receive another economic stimulus.
It is indeed a very exciting program, and I’ll explain it by using a Q&A format:
Q: What is an Economic Stimulus?
A: It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.
Q: Where will the government get this money?
A: From taxpayers.
Q: Is the government simply giving me back my own money, then?
A: No, only a smidgen of it.
Q: What is the purpose of this payment?
A: The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high definition television set, a new iPad, or a new SUV, thus stimulating the economy.
Q: Isn’t that stimulating the economy of China?
A: Shut up.
Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U. S. Economy with your stimulus check. Use it wisely:
* If you spend the stimulus money at Walmart the money will go to China or Sri Lanka.
* if you spend it on gasoline, it money will go to the Arabs.
* if you purchase a computer, it goes to India, Taiwan or China.
* if you purchase fruits and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.
* if you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea.
* if you purchase useless stuff, it goes to Taiwan.
* if you pay your credit card off, or buy stock, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.
Instead, keep the money in America by:
(1) Spending it at a yard sale, or
(2) Going to a ballgame, or
(3) Spending it on prostitutes, or
(4) Beer, or
(5) Tattoos
(These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S.)
CONCLUSION: Go to a ballgame with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day.
No need to thank me, I’m just glad I could be of help.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:20 PM

I am guessing that some in Colorado and other weed friendly states will be supporting the local agriculture.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:31 PM

Made me smile but unfortunately most of it is true/accurate.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:42 PM

IF BIG IF I get a check thinking a Nightforce just might finally happen
Old 04-05-2020, 03:27 PM

Do most of you guys and gals really think we common folks will get any stimulus money ? Seems like most of all this fortune is going to the politicians special interest groups and backers and plenty into their own bank accounts and not the American public. I guess I just don't trust them like so many seem to do. Bill K
Old 04-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Do most of you guys and gals really think we common folks will get any stimulus money ? Seems like most of all this fortune is going to the politicians special interest groups and backers and plenty into their own bank accounts and not the American public. I guess I just don't trust them like so many seem to do. Bill K
Do you have a link to the information that you're basing this on?

Give the system a chance. One can always complain later to your Congressmen and Senators if it doesn't work out for ya'.

There is no doubt that big business will get money too, but for the economy to recover in any fashion, they need stimulus money too due to this pandemic and how it has effected business everywhere. That fact has never been hidden in this $2 trillion package.

The money being sent to individuals is in addition to what big business will get in the total $2 Trillion package. If big business gets no money and the govt send it all to individuals, many (likely far too many) people will be money ahead by staying home. That is not what the money is designed to do nor is it what the economy needs, but the libs would be ecstatic if that happened. More permanent voters to"care for".

This link seems to be pretty much what everyone is saying about eligibility:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/coronavi...-from-the-irs/

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 04-05-2020 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:55 PM

I have had my eye on another Ruger #1, made in America!
Bill
Old 04-05-2020, 07:37 PM

No link, just information from the news reports and such as to what they likes of Schumer, Pelosi and others had included in the bill they passed. They held out and would not vote on this bill until their wants, for the most part were included. Just watch and see, if you doubt it. I don't trust them one bit, but if you do, that is fine. And also, personally, I don't need and don't want a stimulus check from them, too boot, as the money that it comes from is from yours and my tax money, we paid into the IRS, in the first place. Bill K
Old 04-05-2020, 08:04 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
No link, just information from the news reports and such as to what they likes of Schumer, Pelosi and others had included in the bill they passed. They held out and would not vote on this bill until their wants, for the most part were included. Just watch and see, if you doubt it. I don't trust them one bit, but if you do, that is fine. And also, personally, I don't need and don't want a stimulus check from them, too boot, as the money that it comes from is from yours and my tax money, we paid into the IRS, in the first place. Bill K

I don't trust them either and its common knowledge that pork gets added to any piece of legislation passed. There's nothing new there if that has somehow escaped you. And if you believe that it was only libs who added pork to the final bill, you'll probably buy all of the bridges in Arizona that you can find for sale. All of the added pork from both sides of the aisle add to the total dollar cost of any piece of legislation passed, including this one. Its how congress "works".

How does that affect whether or not you get a check if you meet the eligibility requirements of the legislation.? I too don't want a check and I'm sure I won't get one. If I do for some unknown reason, it will go to a good cause that will have nothing to personally do with me simply to get the money into the economy.

All that said none of this has anything to do with the legislation requirements themselves. Some people need the money. Others don't. Some will get money. Some won't. In the meantime, why add unfounded uncertainty to someone else's life by claiming to know thing that you obviously don't know?

For the record, this was a bipartisan negotiated bill. Trump told them he wouldn't sign off on their original wants, so they dropped some wants. Trump immediately signed the resulting bill, well knowing that it contained pork, but an amount of pork that both sides could live with. As for the media, if you only listen to left wing media you get one story. If you only listen to right wing media you get another totally different story. The truth is always somewhere in between. Neither extreme side is usually worth repeating.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 04-05-2020 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:06 PM

Sure buy American when you can with that being said some of you need to read up on exports and imports. It all goes hand in hand we buy from them (other countries) and they buy from us as well. Mess up there economy and its messes ours up as well. Kind of a no brainer. I'll just keep buying from who I want to help keep everyone rolling and do my part.