Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 08-06-2020, 05:10 PM
Supporting Member

should be able to use a RCBS #10 extended SH.

Tom
Old 08-07-2020, 05:27 PM

I was looking for a regular shell holder. This my first die like this. On the right track. How far should the bottom of die to top of press ram? I screw the die down until the bottom of window was at top of my press.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:50 PM

Late to the party, but I called LEE when one of their seater dies was crushing/bending/breaking of the very tip of vmax bullets but not varmageddons IIRC. The "tech" at LEE just told me to use a 1/16" drill bit and make the pocket a bit deeper. I was shocked at the low tech "fix" but tried it and the die does not mangle the bullet tips now.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:14 AM

If Lee knows its doing it. Why dont they offer a replacement part. A person should never have to work on what they buy.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmit_master View Post
If Lee knows its doing it. Why dont they offer a replacement part. A person should never have to work on what they buy.
While I agree with your line of thought, it took longer to find the drill & bit to do it than it did to do it. Shipping the die back or asking for a replacement would mean a wait I wasn't willing to endure.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:19 PM

Did the instructions come with your comp set? If not I have and use the RCBS 204r competition set for my reloading, I can pm you the die setup instructions. The instructions read slightly different then the regular die.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:13 PM

Yes it did come with a booklet. I bought the 204 ruger Competition set. I paid 25.00 shipped to me. When I got it the guy that sold it to me. He put in 40+ brass and a snake bore cleaner for 204 ruger. I couldn't be happier with the die set. I looked thru my dies sets. I have rcbs 204 ruger Competition set , 2 lee collet sets Redding 204 set. Some how I came up with a extra lee bullet seating die.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:53 PM

Some of the 20 cal seater stems hit the hollow area below the tip of either HP or tipped varmint bullets and distort them. In some cases the 22 cal seater stem works great on 20 cal.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:18 PM

Before I purchased my 204 comp set, I had a lee set. No issues with either seater. I use a 223 seater for my 20p, no issues. Only time I have marked up bullets was loading tipped bullets and a compressed powder load in my 30tc. It leaves a slight ring mark about 1/4" from end of tip, doesn't effect accuracy or terminal performance(elk) that I have seen.