Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2019, 01:03 PM

Unhappy What's this in my 20vt bore?

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'm hoping you guys can help me out...

After some pretty big life changes, and my rifles sitting for a few years, things have started to settle down a little. I pulled out my ringer 38 Cooper 20VT and ran a patch through it.

Apparently I didn't clean it after the last time I shot it, which would be the first time in my life that I've done this kind of BS...

So after sitting for 4-5 years, I cleaned it, and noticed I had a sticky spot I couldn't get out very easily. Before I went crazy, I ordered a borescope off Amazon (same one 358Scott posted about, Thanks BTW). Below is what I found...

And finally without the mirror... (ignore the patch fiber sticking up in the picture)

So, having never had a borescope before, I'm hoping to glean some of the collective knowledge around here.

What am I looking at? In the last picture without the mirror, it really looks to me like copper, but I've put multiple rounds of the nastiest copper solvent I've got through it, and gone back to look at the same places afterwards, and can see no change at all.

I'm thinking I ruined the best shooting barrel I've ever had