Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Supporting Member

George I'll post a few a these while we're waiting for ramos and some a the others to go take a selfie and post it.
Some a these ain't gonna get posted other wise I don't think. A lot of fond memories in a bunch of these pictures.

This is Matt (.17VLD).

Dan C. (Dan C.)

These two are of Ric N. Both needed showing. Ric had a brand new un-blooded Calhoon .19 Badger. The latest in small caliber rat smackers.
This is Ric and his first outing with the new rifle at a place that we named and has remain named "Mount Chuck-More". As we were on the way to the shoot in the edge of the Black Hills it seemed a fitting moniker.

Ric also had a real beauty with him shooting cast bullets that we were pretty sure had never shot a p-dog in all the years it had been on this earth. That was a situation we figured needed rectified! I sure wish my memory was up to remembering what that rifle is and the chambering. Seems like maybe a .40-65? but what little memory I have left is a bad one!
I do remember that us actually "Hunting" a p-dog made Ric's shooting one a memory I will remember hopefully forever.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:09 AM
Supporting Member

Here is another George that has the whole crew together at the Outfitters lodge.

Can anyone besides me still name all those guys? I'll give ya a hint, I'm on one end and Brother Kenny is on the other .

Last edited by montdoug; 10-04-2022 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:50 AM
Supporting Member

As long as I'm hogging all Jim's bandwidth I'm gonna post a couple more pics of real meaningful faces.
This one has been re-posted many times but these fellas are worthy of multiple posts. Two of these guys still post here regular and one you can read about in the "Tribute to fallen members" section under GL Wenzls post "Anyone know Rem?".
The guys are GL Wenzl (Gary), Ray H, Richard Miller (Rem), and Ray's friend John. Great guys, great shoot. Who says ya can't hunt gophers in a snow storm?

Richard (RIP) and Gary.

How bout some more a you shy one's .
Old 12-28-2013, 05:01 AM

Found my favorite picture of George, Turkey hunting a few years ago in southern CO . I think I got his best side.

Bob
Old 12-28-2013, 05:11 AM
Supporting Member

Here goes a pic of George and Shorty.........you know George quite a few US ladies got told the story about when you and Helen met........now they get why I call her shorty at times.
BTW George that black rabbit came from a property Helen and I go rabbit shooting on, we were their yesterday and got about 30 rabbits all the young ones are for the pot, didn't see anymore black ones though.......just a couple of Ginger ones...........and I missed both of them.

Hope Jim doesn't mind me posting this photo but this family made Helen and I feel like we were part of their family........it's my fav pic of my second family

Last edited by Kiwishooter; 12-28-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Supporting Member

Default Me Hunting Boar in Hungary

Doug PMed me and asked which of the guys I was in the picture of the moose. I was the guy taking the picture. The gyuys in the picture are my brother Mark, left side who actually shot this moose, and my 40 year hunting partner Barry, in the toque.

Thought I would post a couple of the few pictures I have with me in them.

Hungary with a small eating size Boar

My Brother and I in Northern Alberta with a small Whitetail

Old 12-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Supporting Member

Okay, I'll play along...

Me a few years ago (maybe two?)

And last year PD'ing with a .20 Tactical up in Montdoug's neck of the woods... (actually, east quite a bit...out near Hardin).

We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do great violence on our behalf. -- George Orwell
Old 12-28-2013, 01:36 PM

OK here i am couple years ago

heading out in a few minutes maybe get a new one today
kerry
Old 12-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Supporting Member

This was taken early this year, February I think.
Tom

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/toolm...tml?sort=3&o=1
Old 12-28-2013, 01:55 PM

Default A long time ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerBob View Post
Found my favorite picture of George, Turkey hunting a few years ago in southern CO . I think I got his best side.

Bob
That is a good one, now if he would wake up, maybe he will see something Bill K ( I would post a photo or two, but for the life of me I can not get them to go) I have tried everything.