Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 PM

Default 17 Hornet funnel

Amazon is showing a special on the RCBS funnel kit, which includes the 17 cal. for 9.95 . Check it out, that is a decent buy. Bill K
Old 09-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Supporting Member

Got the "Robert W. Hart" powder funnels today. Look great BUT, same issue with the 20 caliber. Half of my 20 VT brass necks will fit up into the funnel base and the other half won't so it's a neck thickness thing on the VT brass.
Tried the "20 TCM" brass and none of them will fit.

I don't want to start turning the necks on either the VT or TCM brass so it's a matter of having the funnel base machined.
Both chambers are cut for the brass the way it is now.
The funnels are just at 1 1/4" across and are easy to handle. Fit over the short TCM case like a champ and don't take up too much room under the powder measure.

And Bill, as far as the RCBS powder funnels? Too big to deal with compared to the Hart OR XHG funnels.
If Hart can/won't turn the ID base bigger, I have a man that will take care of it for me. I'll keep going till I get things the way I want them.
Got a note into Hart to see what they have to say, Mike.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:02 PM

You might contact Brad at Custom Reloading Tools. He makes small cal powder
funnels, 17, 20 and 22. I have a set and they work great.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Supporting Member

Got a reply back from Hart concerning the funnels. "Return them and we'll make them fit like they are designed to".
Sent them along with brass to make a custom fit. That's the kind of reply I was looking for.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Supporting Member

That sounds like great customer service, glad they're working with you. Since I neck turn everything my funnels work great as is.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:07 PM

Default 17 Hornet funnel

I agree Mike on the RCBS funnel kit. To big for me also, but for those looking for a budget entry and having a hard time finding a 17 funnel, it is a good start. I like the Saturn, Custom Reloading or, for the 17, that cheap funnel I found in the hardware/kitchen section. But is also sounds like you came out fine with yours and that maker/brand. Bill K
Old 09-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Supporting Member

I have Saturn and a few other funnels. Only problem I was running into was when working with the "small calibers", none of the adaptor tubes for my RCBS powder measure fit tight enough on the neck and I ended up loosing powder around the case necks when you removed the case from the tube.
The "little" funnels looked like the problem solver. Couple of issues but so far, they look to be getting worked out. Nothing like ending up with a "custom fit" to get your gear to work like YOU need it. One size doesn't fit all. If you find something that fits YOUR needs, guard it with your life.
And any Company that's willing to adjust as needed to make their customer happy is #1 in my book.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Supporting Member

Got my Robert W, Hart funnels back today. Modified as needed. They work like a champ!! Couldn't have asked for better service. NO CHARGE but I feel I owe them something. GREAT customer service is hard to come by.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:43 PM

Great customer service is worth telling friends about. Poor product and poor customer service is worth telling everyone about.

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. I'm still using an otoscope funnel for my individually weighed charges.