Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2017, 08:22 PM

I'm playing with a .223 based wildcat called the .223 short it's about midways between the tcm and fireball. I'm getting 3264 ft/sec avg from a 18" barrel with a 40gr v-max and 13.5gr of lil gun.

The developer and I are awaiting Dave Kiff to sign off on our reamer print to get a new reamer cut called the 22 Mamba. its basically an improved .223 short. same 1.125" case length but going to have a 30' shoulder, a blown out case with less taper and shoulder blown forward a hair. I also requested some throat changes between a "match" chamber and .223 wylde.

I also made an AR barrel in the short and got an amazing 2789 ft/sec avg from a 6" barrel! these numbers still seem a little high and I'm going to re-test using my cousins lab radar this weekend. primers, web expansion all look perfect.

Noticed you won an AZ air rifle comp. do you live in AZ?

I plan on trying the 53gr nosler varmageddon with its high bc for weight should compliment the cartridge well if I can keep velocity up.

brass is made with a single pass through the die, cut off excess, chamfer, expand neck, trim, debur, load and shoot.

later in time were talking about doing the same cartridges in 17 and 20 cal.

Last edited by squirrel_slayer; 11-21-2017 at 08:25 PM.