Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2019, 11:11 PM
Supporting Member

A few replies. Ray the black hair on the puppy face that turns red as it matures is standard protocol. So is the cocked head at the sound of a strange and especially squeaky sound, The Carin Terrier's do that one too as do a lotta dogs I've seen but he was a cutie wasn't he.
Thanks to all for the kind words. Here is Duke the 67 lb Airedale giving Taggart the 20lbs Cairn Terrier his turn to be on top in the wrestling contest.

They are a hoot to watch!

Kids Dogs and Horses are the frosting on the blessings in our lives! Oh and small caliber rifles to bring this back to topic ain't to bad either!

Top to bottom. One a those Nasty CZ's in .17MachII that's a tack-driving gopher's nightmare!! bottom a Cooper .17 Ackley Hornet (same-same on the gophers nightmare!! Aspect).

George, as memory serves. With the goofy weather we've had and the "back-sadness" I and most of us oldsters get to one degree or another as we advance in years, especially if we've had a seriously active life. I believe this is the 2nd year in the last dozen or a few more I didn't harvest a wily Wapiti!
Fortunately we are blessed to have a locker box at the local freezer place with about 300 lbs of elk hamburger (we mix our burger with 10% beef tallow) add the, Elk steaks and roast's to bring it to the 300lbs so we oughta be fine till year after next if needs be. Oh, and two freezers in the garage well stocked, one chest one a standup so we're well fixed in the healthy/tasty protein dept. I already been accused of being afraid of boogering up my truck so I stayed home "BUT", out of concern for noxious weeds he fights so hard my landowner buddy only allows his vehicles that don't leave the ranch to have access to his property. My truck only makes it to the entrance parking were we grab one a his rigs anyway, (heck of a lot safer there than the grocery-store parking lot).
I'll blood it up next year (if the Good Lord is willing.)

Hope all you guys had a blessed Christmas and have the same for the coming year. Rodents,,,not so much!!
Old 12-27-2019, 04:14 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Doug:

Good excuses for not going out in the brush with that fine new paint. hehe!

Couple fine looking sticks on those rifles too.

Yeah I know about the old man's back, have some 5" rods in mine to
help hold me up straight.

Best wishes to all of you and your dogs.

Stay well!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 12-27-2019 at 04:16 AM. Reason: typo etc