Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Big Game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2018, 11:18 PM
Administrator

Default Backyard buck

Didn't see much this morning but but did see enough. This guy came cruising thru about 6:55AM and I talked myself out of shooting him twice, but the way it all played out, I just HAD to. I used the "can" to get his attention, he took his time, made a scrape and walked thru the "gauntlet" trail I created just for this situation. He was obscured enough for me to stand and draw. He stepped out and I released. He tried to duck it and I caught him just a bit high in the spine and he dropped. Another arrow in him put the lights out quickly. Tough to do on a thrashing deer! No blood trailing this one. If my 4 wheeler batter wasn't dead, I could have driven right to him. Had to drag it 40 yards to get the lawn tractor to him. Had him skinned out hanging in the shed by 8AM and back to work by 8:30. I figure he's a good 3.5 y.o. 7 pt. Not my biggest but it filled a tag and the freezer. I saw another one, similar to this, last night. Left him go. I kicked myself for doing it, but that doesn't matter now. Actually glad I did shoot this one from a management standpoint. The other one had better genetic potential if he makes it another year. I don't think this one would have amounted to much.

I knew I would kill this morning, just to make it a rush to get to my meeting. LOL

Charlie